Brewer Fanatic

6/19/07 Giants (Lincecum) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

I said at the beginning of the year that the happt jolly Sheets seems like a thing of the past. He seems so determined this year, and he almost seemed like he was on the verge of tears in that interview.

I'm sure he's bent on trying to stick it up everybody's butt on the so called fan "support" he's received the past 2 years. I'm not sure there is a better player anywhere in baseball who is less appreciated by his home fans than Ben Sheets.

Heck, he should have won the Cy Young in 2004 - but the team was so crappy he was under 500. He was very good in 2005 until the end of August (3.33 ERA), good after returning last year and the casual fan says nothing after nearly ten consecutive quality starts this year.

I hope Ben continues his pace and wins 18-20 this year and next year as well. He deserves it - not half bad for "not a winner" and "not a true ace". Appreciate him while he's still here.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he's bent on trying to stick it up everybody's butt on the so called fan "support" he's received the past 2 years.

Yeh, he kind of chided fans in his post game interview, for jumping on and off the bandwagon and judging pitchers one two or three starts. He said to give them 30 starts and judge them afterwards. Frankly, it has to be a pain in the rear to deal with the casual fans and their fickle opinions.

He was also critical of his general performance, pointing out that he can get a batter to 0-2 and 1-2 but can't seem to finish them off right now.

Archived