Brewer Fanatic

06/21/07 Non-Brewer game thread

olliegjw

yeah, that's no fun anymore. 6 straight hits will get you back in a game in a hurry. Way to leave in a pitcher who's obviously got nothing today!

Is it me, or has Padilla gotten worse every year he's been in the majors. He's the guy that wouldn't go back out to pitch in the ASG, causing Bud to call the tie, correct?

Is it me, or has Padilla gotten worse every year he's been in the majors. He's the guy that wouldn't go back out to pitch in the ASG, causing Bud to call the tie, correct?

Yes, Vicente Padilla is "that guy" from the all-star exhibition in 2002. For better or worse, I always think of that odd night when I hear his name.

Edit: D'oh, top of the 9th in Texas and it's 5-5. But Rob Bowen, the new Cub, contributes by striking out. If only they still had Michael Barrett.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Ball Game - Cubs lose in Cubs fashion. I love it.

= Tie game, bottom of the ninth. Loften on second with one out. Ground ball to the pitcher. Pitcher gets Loften in a run down between 2nd and 3rd. However, he throws to second too late and Loften gets back to second.

Runners on 1st and 2nd - next batter singles to right....ball game.

And the world rejoices.

Archived