Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Home Runs this Year

uwisfan

Last year, the Crew dominated with 231 dingers to lead all teams. 3 NL teams led the race.

How will this year compare and does anyone compete with them?

Prince (50)- should be in the same vicinity..more ABs, more protection

Braun (40-45) - didn't play in a quarter of the season..hit 44 last year between AAA & MLB

Hart (25-30) - full time starter

Hardy (25) - can he stay healthy & regain his stroke

Weeks (20-25) - needs to stay healthy

Hall (20-25) full-time; more comfortable position

Cameron (15-20) - will miss some PT

Gross (5-10) - depends on PT

Kendall/Rivera (5)

Pitchers (5)

Gwynn (0-5)

Dillon (0-5)

Counsell (0-5)

Kapler (0-5)

Basically, it looks to me like 210-260 range..maybe a little better than last year. Which kind of begs the question if it really is necessary to have the much power in the lineup. The ChiSox struggled as a result of excess power and though it seemed like the Brewers fleeced them for Carlos Lee, they won the WS partly by getting someone (Podsednick) on the bases to drive in. Only Braun and Dillon put up great averages, but that's another conversation.

The ChiSox struggled as a result of excess power and though it seemed like the Brewers fleeced them for Carlos Lee, they won the WS partly by getting someone (Podsednick) on the bases to drive in

This is 100% a false statement. The white sox won a WS because their pitching all had career years at the same time. They scored fewer runs after the trade and Pods runs scored per game was in the bottom half for leadoff hitters.

Prince (45)- It is hard to hit 50+ multiple years in a row.

Braun (35-40)

Hart (20-30) - Not sure how much of the power was for real

Hardy (20-30) - Last year was not a fluke at all, he has hit HR at a 23 HR pace since the 2nd half of his rookie year. I don't know if there is a higher level in him or not but I expect something in the 20's.

Weeks (15-25)

Hall (15-25)

Cameron (18-25) - Even with the suspension I expect him to break 20 HR in the friendly HR park.

Rest of team (15-30) - Not much power with the rest of the team.

The ChiSox struggled as a result of excess power and though it seemed like the Brewers fleeced them for Carlos Lee, they won the WS partly by getting someone (Podsednick) on the bases to drive in

This is 100% a false statement. The white sox won a WS because their pitching all had career years at the same time. They scored fewer runs after the trade and Pods runs scored per game was in the bottom half for leadoff hitters.

Prince (45)- It is hard to hit 50+ multiple years in a row.

Braun (35-40)

Hart (20-30) - Not sure how much of the power was for real

Hardy (20-30) - Last year was not a fluke at all, he has hit HR at a 23 HR pace since the 2nd half of his rookie year. I don't know if there is a higher level in him or not but I expect something in the 20's.

Weeks (15-25)

Hall (15-25)

Cameron (18-25) - Even with the suspension I expect him to break 20 HR in the friendly HR park.

Rest of team (15-30) - Not much power with the rest of the team.

I stand corrected. I remembered reading that and thought it made sense.

Braun and Dillon put up great averages?

Dillon had very few ABS..

If anything Hart will be the man who scores a lot, along with Weeks..

I for one think Hart should be in the 2 hole, but I am not going to argue the lineup here.

Dillon's sample size isn't small at all. Though he was out of baseball in '06, he averaged .340ish combined from '05 to '08, with 1.000ish OPS, all between AAA and the majors.

In fact, looking at his numbers, his projection on HRs is way too low. He should get 5-10 in limited action.

I'm calling this, Tony Gwynn Jr will hit more than 1 homer.

Is this a sign for an optimistic year from Mr QL? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

they won the WS partly by getting someone (Podsednick) on the bases to drive in. Only Braun and Dillon put up great averages

1. Ennder already covered it.

2. I'm not sure what having a great batting average has to do with getting guys on base. Weeks has had terrible batting averages but gets on base very well.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

i got the crew hitting about 225 homers this year..

Prince - 48 i wanna see him get to 52 tho!

Braun - 41

Hart - 27

Hardy - 15 i dont think he can repeat last year (which is fine if he keeps his average up)

Weeks - 21

Hall - 24

Cameron - 20

throw in some more from everyone else...

2 pitchers are hittin more than kendall, i'll go with yo and parra

Community Moderator

Prince: 43 (hits more doubles than HRs)

Braun: 42

Hart: 27

Weeks: 24

Hall: 19

Cameron: 18

Hardy: 17

Rivera: 10

Dillon: 3

Gallardo: 2

Gwynn: 1

Sheets: 1

Kendall: 0

Counsell: 0

Everyone else sort of depends on playing time

I need Hall to prove that he's back, I haven't seen it yet. Sheets will hit his first and only career HR this year.

Archived