Brewer Fanatic

3/31/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The system currently over Chicago isn't the problem. That should pass or be close to passing by 1:20. What is the problem is the system currently over Missouri. Right now it's heading towards Chicago, and if it stays on its current path, there's probably no game.

Just got back from lunch - it's not a warm day at all in Chicago right now...it's a miserable, cold rainy day. If this game gets played, I'm setting the over/under for groin/hammy pulls to 4.

Wrigley field needed to have a tent covering the entire infield over the past week just to get the field in playable condition - the large amount of rain that fell early this morning has everything completely saturated, so it's going to take awhile for the field to be playable again after this rain.

they might be stupid enough to start the game at 2 or 3, but they'd really be risking injuries with how wet everything is right now.

I still don't know why Yost puts Hall in front of Hart, but I am just a fan.

The same reason why he bats Kendell 9th but has the 7th best hitter in the lineup second.

Not every day that Russ compliments Tony Gwynn.

If I look at the radar correctly, it sure looks like it should be ending soon and then continue to rain south of Wrigley. There just seems to be a nice opening to the west/southwest of Wrigley that could allow them to get this in. I'm not walking four miles to the bar, but was definitely on my way out the door do drive there! Hate to waste a "but honey, it's the first game" excuse to get to the bar on a Monday afternoon just to have to do it again tomorrow!!

Just got back from lunch - it's not a warm day at all in Chicago right now...it's a miserable, cold rainy day. If this game gets played, I'm setting the over/under for groin/hammy pulls to 4.

Wrigley field needed to have a tent covering the entire infield over the past week just to get the field in playable condition - the large amount of rain that fell early this morning has everything completely saturated, so it's going to take awhile for the field to be playable again after this rain.

they might be stupid enough to start the game at 2 or 3, but they'd really be risking injuries with how wet everything is right now.

Translation: Sheets will be headed to the DL by 6pm?

Please, please, please get the game in (and on time pretty please) so that I can watch it. I can't afford to stay up all night watching this, being 8 hours ahead I figured I was safe to watch opening day. Now I'm not so sure, it might be cry time.

My predictions is that there will be short delay of half hour or so...then it's game on!!! YES!!!

Also, for those of you drolling about the under.....I have capped this game since yesterday, knowing the weather will be garbage...This morning the line was at 10.5 and I was also about to throw my whole bankroll at that considering the wind, rain, cold, Zombie/Sheets, and the fact that pitchers are typically a little ahead of hitters at this time.....

However, the wind switched from blowing in from right to howling out to left, hence I am no longer playing this game as it looks like there will be a consistent 25 mph wind blowing out to left for the these righty dominant lineups

I hope later this afternoon means 1:20. I cant stand the anticipation. I swear if Sheets lays an egg I will be so pissed. But he usually does suck in Spring Training so heres hoping he has a repeat of last years opening day against the Dodgers.

Just heard that Tom Skilling says later this afternoon, sun will shine pushing temps into 60s!

Problem being Tom Skilling was a moron 30 years ago while in Milwaukee and I don't believe he's any smarter now.... But I'll assume he's a genius today!

Archived