Brewer Fanatic

3/31/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

I heard some thunder late last night. I wouldn't be too sure about spring being here yet either. Don't want to get sucker punched with another 10 inches of snow.

Hope they play, we've waited long enough.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago - The weather people and the radars don't seem too optimisitic, but the teams are hoping that the threat of rain and pushing opening day back until tomorrow does not happen.

Both clubs are on the field warming up, but thick fog hangs over the stadium and surrounding buildings, and more rain is expected shortly. Tomorrow is an open date, so if the game is bagged because of rain, the first game of the season would be moved to Tuesday, with games 3 and 4 hopefully being played as scheduled on Wednesday and Thursday.

Assuming the weather cooperates, here are today's starting lineups. Manager Ned Yost decided to keep Tony Gwynn Jr. in the No. 2 slot and Bill Hall at No. 5.

BREWERS
2B Rickie Weeks
CF Tony Gwynn
1B Prince Fielder
LF Ryan Braun
3B Bill Hall
RF Corey Hart
SS JJ Hardy
RHP Ben Sheets
C Jason Kendall

CUBS
SS Ryan Theriot
LF Alfonso Soriano
1B Derrek Lee
3B Aramis Ramirez
RF Kosuke Fukudome
2B Mark DeRosa
C Geovany Soto
RHP Carlos Zambrano

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes baseball season is HERE! I am so excited! (Starts running around the room, screaming with his arms in the air) I can't wait! (Passes out)

Hahaha! HAPPY OPENING DAY EVERYBODY! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif That was just the one quote I happened to copy... obviously I share all the excitement & enthusiasm of everyone else!

Woogie, what can I say? You make baseball time as much fun as Rubber Ducky makes bath-time. Probably even moreso.

Am I the only one that sometimes sort of 'forgets' that Sheets is one of our SPs? I think his propensity to miss time has just made me adjusted to a rotation without him. It's like an Opening Day present every year - when I first read Woogie's IGT, I literally said, 'Oh, that's right - Sheets!'

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Oh, and to properly convey my joy for this season beginning...

http://bp2.blogger.com/_zGCwQf9mmXs/Rg_SzLj5JWI/AAAAAAAAALA/Gd18-9pSpF8/s320/gollum_rotk_3.jpg

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Talked to a friend of mine who works for the Brewers. This game was originally scheduled for Miller Park, but the Brewers didn't want the "sure sellouts (Cubs and Opening Day) to be reduced from two series to one, so the game was moved to Wrigley.

Talked to a friend of mine who works for the Brewers. This game was originally scheduled for Miller Park, but the Brewers didn't want the "sure sellouts (Cubs and Opening Day) to be reduced from two series to one, so the game was moved to Wrigley.

Sure makes sense.

The radar sure seems to show an opening to the west of Chicago, but then I'm no metereorologist..... just a hopeful Brewers fan! I really hope this game happens!!

It does look like there is a clearing about an hour away. I took the whole week off of work(4 day games), so I guess I wouldn't be too upset if they try it tomorrow.

It's raining pretty good now here (about 6-7 miles NNW of Wrigley) but as has been pointed out, most of the rain has ended west of the Fox River. I would expect a slight delay but they're going to get this one started at some point fairly close to schedule.

Archived