Brewer Fanatic

3/31/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really want this game played tomorrow. I know everyone else wants it played today, but tomorrow, my schedule is wide open and I can actually kick back, relax, and watch the Brewers pound the Chubbies. If they play it today, that's fine, but if I had my choice, it would be tomorrow.

It sucks I have a class at 3-4:30 and I can't really afford to miss any of my Physiology class. Oh well I will get to see some of the game anyway.

Yeah if it was one of my really tough classes I would would probably go. But it's Broadcasting Public Policy. Very boring, and not really a big deal.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Woogie, amazing! Thanks for all your work.

As for the game, I'm so pumped right now, I can think I might explode. I really really really hope we get this in and a W would make my week. Here's to a fun ride in 2008.

For anyone who doesn't live in Chicago, it rained like crazy earlier this morning, and there's a steady drizzle/sprinkle going on right now - if there's any more heavy rain between now and gametime, first pitch won't be at 1:30.

I wonder if anyone at ESPN broadcasting the game is going to state the obvious, that this series could have very easily been played 90 miles to the north, in a climate-controlled stadium, with no worries about mother nature....scheduling stupidity if you ask me!

how is the weather now?

i will do broadcast in italian (http://www.lephio.org:8000/radioplayit) for the few fans of baseball in italy.

sometimes the broadcasters are more than the audience...

of course, if you want to join (you must be a mlb.tv subscriber, we provide only the audio file).

we'll have a telephone interview with alessandro maestri, a italian pitcher playing in the cubs system.

i really want to do mil@chc as i am the one man italian brew crew, in case of rain, we'll do arizonaVs Reds or yankee@bluejays.

Zambrano looks like the devil in his picture on the Brewers homepage on mlb.com

http://brewers.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/mlb/407296.jpg

He does just need little horns, doesn't he? And maybe more red.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/5fe25949b28196006d80e655e2f528a848d6051.pjpg

All the red stuff is headed for Chicago in about 2 hours...there may be a window after it to get the game started, but it looks like T-storms are going to be blowing up all afternoon and evening

I like this weblog entry on JSOnline.

"Maybe, but don't bet on it. The National Weather Service is calling on a 90% chance of rain today for the Brewers/Cubs opener at Wrigley Field.

"Occasional rain and thunderstorms before 1 p.m., then periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 1 p.m."

That's how the Weather Service puts it. We're not sure what the difference is between "occasional" and "periods of," but neither looks too good for a 1:20 p.m. first pitch.

And the forecast for Miller Park? Dry and empty."

903 Milwaukee Brewers +119 , No run line or totals were posted for todays game for whatever reason

MIL will be +1.5 im guessing there is no total over/under yet because they are waiting for the weather and wind report more close to gametime

go brewers!

I'm hoping it'll either start right away at 1:30, or be delayed by about 2 hours if it's even possible with the weather. I have a 2:15-3:40 class so if it hasn't started by 2:15 I'm sure I'll end up going to it.

One of my favorite past times of last summer was reading NSBB after a Cubs loss. I'm just hoping I get to experience it once or twice between now and Thursday.

How soon do they post Rain Delays before a game?

I'm at work right now, and I'm planning on taking a half day to watch the game at the local bar. According to company policy, we must send out a mass email to everyone else at the company if we are leaving work early. Myself and 7 other guys here at work are sitting at our computers, patiently waiting to press the SEND button to our email which says "Leaving the office at Noon today, back on Tuesday"

If the game could be delayed to about 2:30pm that would be perfect, I wouldn't even have to leave early. Prediction: Tony Gwynn Jr singles home the winning run in extras, igniting a 12 page thread about Gwynn in the 2 hole.

Opening Day! Woo hoo!

Good thing ESPN2HD will be blacked out, so I will have to watch it on Charter's standard definition FSN............It still will be worth it though

You might have missed it, but Charter is adding FSN Wisconsin's HD feed to its lineup "this summer". No word yet on an exact date.

http://www.madison.com/tct/business/278512

Really hope this gets in. Monday is perfect for me as I have no class. Of course, Tuesday is my full day. Really sucks for the people who took off of work.

I've already suffered enough dissapointment this series; I have to give up my face value ticket for Thursday's game because of a Managerial Econ exam, ughhh!

Archived