Brewer Fanatic

3/31/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torres looks like he has some good stuff right about now.

EDIT: I made a huge mistake. Two pitches high and very tight -- one hitting DeRosa. Wow. Hopefully that doesn't rattle him. Runners at first and second with one out now...

I'm a bit surprised that the Brewers didn't double switch; this would have been a decent chance for Torres to pitch multiple innings.

...or maybe they'd prefer Counsell to face Marmol (as opposed to Gross)?

What were you looking for a coach to do - call timeout and go draw a line in the dirt? I highly doubt the coaches were ignoring Hall's lead, but you can't blame the manager or 3rd base coach for a player being picked off.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't a way for a coach to communicate to a guy at second base to tone down the lead a bit before he gets picked off in a key spot in the game.

Then again, this is Ned Yost, so such a system is probably still three or four years away. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

How do you know they we're yelling at him? I realize you hate everything Yost does and we've got 161 more games of you throwing out snide comments everytime someone makes a mistake, or the bullpen gives up a run, or the pitcher leads off an inning, but let's at least be a little logical.

Anyone else hoping for us to have a 1 or 2 run lead in the 9th and getting to see Gagne in his first game?

I'd actually prefer a 4 or 5 run lead, but with two on for the Scrubs right now, I'd settle your scenario.

Simma don nah!

We've got 161 more games, no need to get in arguments already. Save it for something good, like pulling Sheets after 1 single back up the middle. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

How do you know they we're yelling at him? I realize you hate everything Yost does and we've got 161 more games of you throwing out snide comments everytime someone makes a mistake, or the bullpen gives up a run, or the pitcher leads off an inning, but let's at least be a little logical.

I think I already covered that. I'm all for screaming down Hall if they were yelling at him and he was staring at Corey Hart for no reason. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Oh, and don't worry. I won't be on for every game.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived