Brewer Fanatic

3/31/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somewhere in the three pitches between the pickoff throws, it would have been nice for one coach on this team to do their job.

(And if, by chance, one of them did try to do their job, then Bill Hall should be beaten with Ben Sheets' bat. It's not like Ben would miss it, anyway.)

What were you looking for a coach to do - call timeout and go draw a line in the dirt? I highly doubt the coaches were ignoring Hall's lead, but you can't blame the manager or 3rd base coach for a player being picked off.

Glad to see the move to the pen here -

gotta remember that Sheets hadn't gone much over 90 pitches in spring training, where it was 85 and sunny out every day...the outing he gave today considering the conditions and the delay was outstanding.

let's hold 'em here and get some runs!

Regardless of how this turns out, a good start on the year for Sheets. And I"m not talking about the scoreless ball so far. The fact that he hasn't gotten hurt in these conditions is a victory.

Easy, he's not out of Wrigley yet.

What were you looking for a coach to do - call timeout and go draw a line in the dirt? I highly doubt the coaches were ignoring Hall's lead, but you can't blame the manager or 3rd base coach for a player being picked off.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't a way for a coach to communicate to a guy at second base to tone down the lead a bit before he gets picked off in a key spot in the game.

Then again, this is Ned Yost, so such a system is probably still three or four years away. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Torres looks like he has some good stuff right about now.

EDIT: I made a huge mistake. Two pitches high and very tight -- one hitting DeRosa. Wow. Hopefully that doesn't rattle him. Runners at first and second with one out now...

Regardless of how this turns out, a good start on the year for Sheets. And I"m not talking about the scoreless ball so far. The fact that he hasn't gotten hurt in these conditions is a victory.

Easy, he's not out of Wrigley yet.

No kidding, he might "Wes Helms" himself while walking to the clubhouse.

Archived