Brewer Fanatic

3/31/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Hall was trying to get a good lead from 2nd if Hart singled. He was clearly safe on the throw, so I have trouble getting too angry at him.

But Z is out...shocking. I wonder if it is a blister or something more serious?

Anyone watching this on TV, care to help out those of who don't have TV access right now, with just what in the heck Hall was doing at second?

I mean besides having his head up his behind.

Checking his shoelaces to make sure they were tied before he started running.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

That was moronic by Hall but he was safe

DeRosa blocked Hall's hand. Out by a mile. What an idiot. That is a boo worthy play right there. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

He wasn't safe. De Rosa did a good job of (legally) blocking off the bag. Either way, Hall had no excuse to be that far off the bag on a day where no outfielder can get a great grip on the ball and a ball to the outfield could score a run. The reaction time on Z's turn-around pickoff was just poor. I don't want to be positive about the other team's players getting hurt, but Z had some great stuff, so we got lucky with his finger injury. Now we have to see if we can handle Marmol.

The kind of crap that real coaches never allow to happen. Hall should have been put on a leash after the first pickoff attempt. Instead, he takes a bigger lead than the first time, and none of the morons in the dugout or the moron at third base do anything about it.

Perfect start to the season. Everyone's sleeping.

Come on. I realize the 3rd base coach has some responsibility to alert the runner, but it is the runner's responsibility to take a reasonable lead. This was Hall's fault, plain and simple.

Hall has no business ever trying to steal a base ever. In a close game, Hall leading off of second by any amount that could make a pickoff move remotely close is BEYOND IDIOTIC. So stupidly freaking dumb.

EDIT: I blame Yost. Gwynn with the successful steal of third before and the fool probably couldn't help himself.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

It looked like Zambrano was messing with his knuckle area on his index finger. That would be a wierd spot for a blister if that was it. Maybe he snapped it the wrong way when he threw that pickoff throw. A freakish injury-Sheets has infected Zambrano!!

Come on. I realize the 3rd base coach has some responsibility to alert the runner, but it is the runner's responsibility to take a reasonable lead. This was Hall's fault, plain and simple.

I think we've learned that we can't always trust players to have their head in the game. Somewhere in the three pitches between the pickoff throws, it would have been nice for one coach on this team to do their job.

(And if, by chance, one of them did try to do their job, then Bill Hall should be beaten with Ben Sheets' bat. It's not like Ben would miss it, anyway.)

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

The kind of crap that real coaches never allow to happen. Hall should have been put on a leash after the first pickoff attempt. Instead, he takes a bigger lead than the first time, and none of the morons in the dugout or the moron at third base do anything about it.

Perfect start to the season. Everyone's sleeping.

Yeah, that's a bit much to pin on anyone but Hall himself.

Archived