Brewer Fanatic

3/31/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, the season is finally upon us.

Unfortunately, I have to do the "go to work and totally ignore the internet/television/radio/other blabber mouth co-workers until I get home" dance again.

And then I get to repeat it on Friday! Good times!

Hopefully, Directv won't be screwing me like last year. Although, thus far, the sports pack channels are working and the game is on my guide. Plus, ESPN2 is my backup plan for the other tuner.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

hey guys, i've been coming to this site for a long time and finally decided to join... Cant believe its already opening day, couldn't have come fast enough!!

Woogie, that stuff is amazing! I looked at your thread every game last year

....my guess, Brewers win 6-3.. Sheets goes 7 innings, 2 earned (if the rain permits -- which it better!)

Yeah, I'm supposed to go to this game. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to missing two days of school for the game, but I guess that's what getting tickets in December warrants.

Let's hope it passes over, but I'm doubtful.

Poor guy! While you suffer missing those days of school, I will be sitting through- and enjoying!- math class with a teacher who will refuse to put the game on. *sigh*

Monday will be my Birthday and my birthday wish is that the Brewers have a 6 run first inning.

My birthday is Tuesday, and my wish- in advance- is very similar.

Monday will be my Birthday and my birthday wish is that the Brewers have a 6 run first inning.

I don't. Remember the last time the Brewers had a big first inning against Chicago?

Happy Birthday! Mine was Friday. I am now half as old as my dad.

Days like Monday give me another reason to REALLY like working from home.

Poor guy! While you suffer missing those days of school, I will be sitting through- and enjoying!- math class with a teacher who will refuse to put the game on. *sigh*

I get the feeling that should be in blue...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif. It's definitely looking better though, I'm not going to lose hope!

Community Moderator

NWS reports the chance of rain at 90%, but there is hope of a window to get the game in before the front comes through in the evening.

The specific timing and location of thunderstorms is so difficult to pinpoint though. I won't know for sure until we're actually looking at the radar tomorrow morning.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

This will be my first Brewer experience at Wrigley. Anybody got any suggestions other than to shut my mouth? I'm taking the train in, but I think I'm going to get down there way before the gates open. What's around the area? I know it's pretty nice...

I skipping out of my final class to get home for game in case it does get in. I hope it does. Go Crew!

Yeah, me too. I'm lucky my only afternoon class on Monday is personal fitness. I wont be missing anything of value, only 30 minutes of cardio and some weightlifting.

Count me in the unfortunate crowd that has class during the game. Normally opening day is grounds for skipping, but I have a physics test. "Sigh" I think that all professors need to be informed that nothing important should ever happen on opening day.

I can't decide if I want the game to be delayed so that I can watch the first one, or if it would be worse to have the anticipation and not even be able to check a box score.

Archived