Brewer Fanatic

3/31/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
I could care less about all of that, Cubs fans alone trump all of it.

Chicago = trash.

I wish this board would drop its inferiority complex about Chicago as a city.

I love Wisconsin and it'll always be home but that doesn't change the fact that Chicago is a fantastic city and that a lot of places in Wisconsin are dumps.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, the weather guy on WGN said that once this batch of showers pass by, there could be hit and miss showers but they should be in good shape to get the game in. Of course, I think he was one of the forecasters who said they should have a 2-6 window. The temps are also warming up from the low 40's into the upper 50's and it will start to get really windy out there.

Chicago = trash.

I love Wisconsin and it'll always be home but that doesn't change the fact that Chicago is a fantastic city and that a lot of places in Wisconsin are dumps.

Chicago as a fantastic city is an opinion, not a fact. If you like it fine, I have no reason to pay tolls to drive on crappy Illinois roads with horrible Illinois drivers to go down there personally. I've been there enough in my life.

It is nothing to do with an inferiority complex. I would take Madison over Chicago any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Badger football and basketball games alone trump it.

Chicago = trash.

Chicago as a fantastic city is an opinion, not a fact. If you like it fine, I have no reason to pay tolls to drive on crappy Illinois roads with horrible Illinois drivers to go down there personally. I've been there enough in my life.

It is nothing to do with an inferiority complex. I would take Madison over Chicago any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Badger football and basketball games alone trump it.

Fair enough, but Chicago is not "trash"

I don't have an inferiority complex, just don't care for the city, that's all.

Too much traffic for me. Can't stand driving around that place.

Well, seeing as it's got a massive fleet of cabs and a real public transportation system, I never had a problem with the traffic when I lived there.

Chicago is a great city. Was just there this weekend as a matter of fact. The restaurants alone, make it great. Every time I go, I get more and more angry about the lack of options we have around here. I personally wouldn't want to live there, but I understand why people do.

I don't have an inferiority complex, just don't care for the city, that's all.

Too much traffic for me. Can't stand driving around that place.

Well, seeing as it's got a massive fleet of cabs and a real public transportation system, I never had a problem with the traffic when I lived there.

I am not going to get into this debate but I have no clue where you were living but it was not chicago if you have that as a quote. If you used the public transportation, I am sure that helped, but it is much more trouble to go through all of that to get somewhere. As for driving, there is no denying that is sucks to get around in chicago.

This is pretty lame...I had class 2-250 and missed the first few innings, figured i could catch some baseball until my 330 class.....but now nothing but another rain delay and the resume time is 330, the rain gods are screwing me today.

Archived