Brewer Fanatic

Game Worn Jerseys

jnorman76

Yeah. I've never ventured upstairs for the On Deck Event. Are there that many memorabilia vendors there every year? I recognized a few of the guys, but not all.

Anyhow, I was able to pick up three "complete" game used uniforms (that is, jerseys and pants) for the bargain basement price of $78 - Total. Not bad. I've never been more a fan of Davey Nelson, Mike Crudale and Adrian Hernandez as I am right now. There was a game used Geoff Jenkins Ceveceros jersey for $300. I offered $200 for it but the guy said he just bought it this morning for "more than that". He didn't say how much more though.

I also thought long and hard about the Matt Wise auto'd jersey, but passed.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I know the guy your talking about. Why he had that many Kevin Riemer bats is beyond me, but thats not who I got mine from. I actually got mine at the last Gonzaga hall card show. Coincidentally enough, that vendor was also at the on deck event, but about 3 tables to the left of the one your talking about.

I always look through the racks of shame (OK, that's not fair, maybe the racks of has-beens) but I left content with the Doug Davis jersey I already have. I paused at the Rick Helling navy jersey, but considering how many of those jerseys I recognized from last April, chances are it'll be there in 2009.

Matt Wise, I thought about a bit too. But then I had to scowl at the DeJean and Capellan jerseys, which distracted me.

While I was checking the rack of unsigned jerseys, I was commenting to someone about the craptastic selection; then I saw him later with a newly purchased Quevedo jersey.

If it's someone who posts here, good for you (and I'm sorry I didn't ask if you posted - I never have that nerve, unlike several of you who have asked me over the years).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I saw someone in the Bill Castro line with an authentic Bill Castro jersey, and was somewhat amazed.

And the Quevedo jersey is not craptastic. Rather, it is a memory of what we've been through to get where we are. Vivé Quevedo's Quorner!

OK, bball, I'll admit there are memories of Ruby Q that I don't mind retaining. But there was a degree of craptasticness. Leo Estrella? Dave Mlicki? Travis Phelps (or was it Tommy?)? Kane Davis?

Despite my wanting to dismiss a lot of these guys, I was heartened to see someone at the rummage sale sporting a Gary Glover jersey. And I admit that there was a time I would have been lured by the Glendon Rusch jersey - although that time has pretty much passed.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I never knew about this until recently and I really wanted to go to this, but I wasn't able to make it. Can someone explain whats all there? It sounds like a bunch of game used stuff. Do dealers sell this stuff or is it stuff laying around from the Brewers? How come everything is so cheap? I'd love to buy some crappy players jersey and pants. I'd even wear them to the bf.net softball games.

jim this is at the on deck event, they have game used stuff and memorabilia stuff in two seperate spots. i believe they bought the jerseys from the brewers, i bought some cards from some vendors...the event is normally the sunay before opening day, but it was the saturday this year...

The Brewers rummage sale was on one side of the Stadium, the vendors and dealers were on the complete opposite side of the stadium. The Brewers rummage consisted of some old promo giveaways, media guides from around the league, balls and tshirts (nothing you'd find in the gift shop. Mostly co sponsor ship shirts like they give when you participate in some sort of Brewers related event.) Of course the big draw is the game used jerseys. Very rarely are there any "names" in the lot. For $75-$100 you too can own a Valario De Los Santos or Frank Kremlas jersey! From what I saw this year, the biggest name in the lot was Tyler Houston.

On the vendor side, there was a good variety of stuff. It was like a mini card show with everything you expect to see at a cards show - cards, display items, game used bats, jerseys, trinkets, and other misc memorabilia. I'd say there were 12-18 dealers there.

We decided that we were not going to bother with the autographs this year and I couldn't have been more pleased with the decision. We had a great time and I left the stadium with three (tightly packed) bags worth of stuff. The best part of it was the absolute steals I got on the jerseys made up for the $10 I wasted on the Ryan Braun Grab Bag.

Archived