Brewer Fanatic

6/20/07 Giants (Zito) @ Brewers (Vargas): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 feet or so... he was 2 steps onto the warning track.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Which side of home plate and how many rows up? I didn't notice.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Alright Im a bit late with it but, YES BILLY! That was a beauty of a swing and a no doubter when he hit it. Im just so happy that Hall has turned it around and is hitting a ton better then he did in April and May. I still think 25 HR's is not out of his reach and 60-70 RBI.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote:
Is that Weeks' brother in the stands behind home plate? Seemed to remember his brother looked a lot like Rickie

Yeah I kinda thought it looked like Rickie too.

They should show less of Suppan eating sunflower seeds in the dugout and more babes in the stands IMHO.

Quote:
Alright Im a bit late with it but, YES BILLY! That was a beauty of a swing and a no doubter when he hit it. Im just so happy that Hall has turned it around and is hitting a ton better then he did in April and May. I still think 25 HR's is not out of his reach and 60-70 RBI.

Agreed! I've been awfully critical of Hall and his spot as an every-day player all year. I've always known he can flat-out rake against Lefties, but have had my doubts as to whether or not he should be an every day CF against tough righties too.

What is really encouraging is that even while he was "slumping" in April and May he still maintained an OPS in the high .700's and low .800's.

He is drawing walks and taking the ball the other way. When he does this he can be as good as any CF in the league.

Part of me wants to go back and find all the negative posts I said about Billy in May just to show how wrong I was, but I already have one strike against me....and don't want to risk a 2nd by calling myself out.

If Hall can continue to do what he's done the last 2 weeks. This team is going to win 100 games.

I loved to see hardy going the other way for the double and i really liked seeing him walk in the first. I feel that he may not hit in the .320 like early in the year but he will start to draw more walks. Good start for him today. He must have read the post earlier about him slumping

Archived