Brewer Fanatic

Cereal Thread (merged with "Do You Like Cold Cereal?"

hawing
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I grew up on a Quisp cereal sugar high. I can't find that stuff anymore, but a buddy of mine visited his brother in Idaho and came back with a couple of boxes. He hid them in his cupboard so they would be protected from his kids. My cousin has a connection at Quaker Oats in Cedar Rapids. Whenever a case of cereal is damaged during loading they condemn every box in the pallet. He said he could set me up with some free Captain Crunch if I had the need.

Harmony - It is a cereal for women that I am absolutely in love with. I don't drink (eat?) milk so it is just dry but it is amazing.

Kashi - pretty much all of the Kashi cereals are stellar.

When I was kid I love and would eat Rice Krispies with the little multicolored marshmellows in it.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch has a very special place in my heart. I'll go on streaks where I'm buying a box every 3 days and then I won't eat it for a few months. I can sit down in the morning with the smaller box and eat the entire thing in one sitting. Probably not the most healthy thing to do but its addicting. When I'm not on a CTC kick, I'll most likely have Raisin Bran. It never seems like there are enough raisins so I'll add a few to each bowl...if you haven't tried it, add some golden raisins to your bowl of Raisin Bran...if you like raisins you'll love it. I've never had the French Toast Crunch but have thought about trying it. Whats the main difference between the Cinnamon Toast Crunch and the French Toast Crunch? Now I've gotta go stock up at the grocery store...this thread has me craving some cereal.

I've never heard of French Toast Crunch, but I bet it's more maple-y than Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Graham crackers and vanilla soy milk: that's exactly one of my S.O.'s favorite treats.

AmyintheSouth, thanks for the tip. I can walk to a Trader Joe's in nine minutes, and I'm intrigued about trying their knockoff oat squares.

Brewers4eric, if you have access to a Woodman's grocery, I am pretty sure they carry Quisp.

And my current awesome Kashi cereal is Cinnamon Harvest (I think that's the name) - pretty much mini-wheats flavored with cinnamon. Oh, yeah.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch rules because of how great the milk tastes (I use a lot of milk in my cereal) after you eat all the cereal. If Fruit Loops didn't get so soggy, I'd like them more. But, they are basically made of nothing but sugar, so it's easy to see why they fall apart.

I also eat the Quaker Oatmeal Squares, I had the cinnamon flavor this morning.

Fruity Pebbles, Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat, Peanut Butter Captain Crunch, and Rice Krispies.

I buy all the Store Brand versions of these items...as most of the store brands are Made by Ralston....who use to make name brand cereals like Chex.

Hy-Vee, here in Nebraska, has a store brand Wheaties version, for the poster that asked why there isn't a generic version of it.

Nice to see some love for Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which is probably my favorite.

I usually buy 2 boxes a week- usually one healthy (Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Rice Chex, Crispix), one more for enjoyment (Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Frosted Mini Wheats).

Cinnamon Life, Lucky Charms, Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles, and Rice Krispy Treats were always my favorite.
I haven't seen Rice Krispies Treats in quite awhile. Do they still make it? The last time I had it, it kinda seemed like it was getting stale.

Growing up, we usually tore through a box of Golden Grahams or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, then on to the Honeycomb. If that ran out, there was always about 3 boxes of Corn Flakes. I always liked Corn Flakes with bananas.

All things considered, Honeycomb has to be the best cereal of all time. It's always tasty, doesn't get soggy too quickly, and is ridiculously cheap.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

• 2 weeks later...
I have been eating Chex mix a lot lately as a snack. I got to thinking...why don't I eat cereal anymore? I loved it as a youngster but haven't had it in years. So I bought some corn Chex and they were awesome. Next up I bought Raisin Bran, you know, stuff I liked as a kid. I got to thinking. I really loved Cocoa Puffs, Fruity Pebbles and Golden Grahams. I had Cocoa Puffs today and they were phenomenal. I won't make a sugary breakfast my mainstay but I am going to eat cereal more. Especially Chex. Fruity Pebbles are next. If it's like how I remember it I will be very happy.

I go to college, so I basically live off of cereal as it is both relatively cheap and it maximizes happiness in my life. Your strategy on switching up the cereals is what keeps them great -- make sure you don't stick on one for too long or you'll get sick of it.

I'm still a pretty solid cereal eater. But I've moved to Kashi so I feel like it's healthier and it keeps me full longer. But every once in awhile apple jacks are great. Peanut Butter Captain Crunch is the best. cereal. ever.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch rules because of how great the milk tastes (I use a lot of milk in my cereal) after you eat all the cereal.

Wow. You win. I don't know what, but you just win. I couldn't agree more. If I have to list some (can't rank; would take too much time):

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Honey Nut Cheerios

Frosted Flakes

Wheaties

Oatmeal Crisp

Cheerios

Special K

Cocoa Puffs (see Bret's reasoning cited above...mmmmm)

Man, I love cold cereal!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

No love for Golden Grahams here? I love that stuff and could eat it every day. In my house we always had a rule growing up that you eat one bowl of normal cereal and then if you wanted you could have one bowl of sugary cereal. Does anyone else eat raisins in their cereal? Cheerios or Wheaties and a whole bunch of raisins rocks my socks. Man I love cereal!!

I eat more cereal than Jerry Sienfeld did and love Golden Grahams also. Between myself and my kid, we go through 3-4 boxes a week. Right now we have on the shelf

Golden Grahams

Honey Nut Cheerios

Cranberry Almond Crunch

Frosted Flakes

Cocoa Puffs

The only bad thing is cereal seems to be getting quite expensive the last year or so

Archived