Brewer Fanatic

Cereal Thread (merged with "Do You Like Cold Cereal?"

hawing

If we can talk about mustard and barbecue sauce, surely there is room here for a cereal thread.

For those of you who eat cereal, what kind(s) do you like? What do you hate? Or, what cereals of the past do you miss?

I like Quaker Oatmeal Squares. I don't even need milk for those. I don't like cereals with raisins. As a kid I craved cereals like Count Chocula, Cap'n Crunch and Quisp - but they're too sweet for me now.

There used to be a vanilla flavored Cap'n Crunch. I liked that a lot. And when I was in college there were these mini-wheats with apple-cinnamon filling. I loved those.

To add to the jump-start for this thread, here is a statement Fatter Than Joey made in the Random Thoughts thread:

Kix has to be the worst cereal of all time. I wouldn't use it to insulate my attic.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last time i talked to the brother, we had a :45 minute conversation about cereal. every time the mother went shopping, she'd get two good brands, we'd of course eat them first, then be stuck with two weeks worth of Rice Krispies and Cheerios.

Raisin Nut Bran has to be the best cereal ever

Cracklin Oat Bran slips to #2 based on cost

Cookie Crisp is probably the best tasting cereal nobody really buys

Crispix tops my underrated list

eat the whole box in a sitting: Cinnamon Toast Crunch

shredded wheat squares are ok enough, but the huge biscuit variety with a lot of sugar is awesome.

was anyone else forced to eat graham cracker mush, just graham crackers, milk and sugar? absolutely disgusting.

Cracklin' Oat Bran is good, though it has more grams of fat than I'd like to see in my breakfast food. (Eventually, that stuff matters.)

I really hate soggy cereal - so if I'm going to put milk on cereal, it has to really hold up.

The peanut butter Cap'n Crunch is the only kind I'd even consider anymore, and then I might indulge myself once every few years or so. The square Cap'n Crunch pieces felt like they were scraping the inside of my mouth, so I had to stop. Those red berries were all right, though, and easier on the gums.

Strawberry Chex and Chocolate Chex look sick and wrong to me.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I love cereal and I still like some kids cereal. We usually have over a dozen boxes open at one time. It's funny that I love chocolate, but I'm not a big fan of chocolate cereals. I got sick of Lucky Charms and Peanut Butter Capn Crunch because my mom bought them all the time as a kid (only "good" cereals she would get.)

Does anyone eat Grape Nuts? I can only stand it warm, when it gets soft. Otherwise, it's like gravel.

Some of my favorites:
Caramel Nut Crunch - All-time favorite, but it's pricey and you don't get a lot.
Cracklin Oat Bran - ditto
Raisin Bran Crunch
Frosted mini Wheats - Mainly original, but also like Vanilla. Not a big fan of others like Strawberry or Maple Brown Sugar
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Honey Nut Chex

Raisin Nut Bran
Basic 4

My 3.5 year old's favorites (go figure):
Rice Krispies
plain hot oatmeal

Corn Pops are probably my all-time fav. Although I'm also a huge fan of Lucky Charms, Smacks, Fruity Pebbles, and Kix. When I was like 6, I found some rabbit poop outside and brought them to my grandma and told her that someone must've spilled a box of Kix.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Cinnamon Life, Lucky Charms, Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles, and Rice Krispy Treats were always my favorite.

Does anyone remember a cereal that was something like "pop-tart cereal"? I think they were small square shaped pieces with frosting inside of them.

I eat cereal mostly when i get home from work while watching Brewers games.

Cheerios

Special K

Captain Crunch Berries

Lucky Charms - They're magically delicious(sorry, couldn't resist)

Fruity Pebbles

Frosted Mini Wheats

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The best cereal I ever ate was Quaker's Crunchy Corn Bran. It was absolutely delicious and I loved it, but now I can't find it anywhere.

Otherwise, I like some form of raisin bran, the Quaker Oatmeal Squares, and Special K with strawberries.

I totallly agree about Quaker's Crunchy Corn Bran. I remember eating it as a kid and loving it. I didn't see it around when I was college...probably because I rarely made it into a grocery store and I spent most of my time in the liquor department, but I saw some in one of the Copps grocery stores in Stevens Point a couple of years ago. I bought it every time I went to the grocery store for a couple of months and then switched to some other kind. I should check again if they still have it. I could go for a bowl or two right now!

Does anyone eat Grape Nuts?

Far and away my favorite cereal. I'm also a big fan of Cheerios and any kind of granola cereal.

My daughter is with me on the Grape Nuts as well. She also likes cold (as in pour in the mix, add cold water, eat.) maple/brown sugar oatmeal.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Low Fat Granola (no raisins) is the bomb. I eat that like it's going out of style. Too bad I'm allergic to almonds. I still eat it anyway.

Also, Nature Valley has a good cereal that has chunks of their granola bars in it. I can't remember the name of it right now.

My 2 year old daughter is a cereal fanatic. Apple Jacks has recently replaced cheerios as her favorite.

We have quite a list of cereal at any one time.

1. Apple Jacks

2. Cheerios

3. Frosted Flakes

4. Fruity Pebbles

5. Captain Crunch

6. Peanut Butter Captain Crunch

7. Cocoa Pebbles- For use only on vanilla ice cream- AWESOME.

Usually 4 of those seven are in our pantry, with the top two always in stock.

Why is there no generic Wheaties?

I mean, Wheat Flakes? This has bothered me for years and I've never got even a guess.

I like almost all cereals, thoguh if I had to pick a single one for my last bowl, I'd probably go with Rice Chex.

And i love graham crackers and milk.

My son never eats milk with cereal. He can't believe anyone does.

My favorite cereal of all time is Cheerios.

Captain Crunch would probably be up there, but I can only have 2 bowls at a time max before the roof of my mouth hurts too much.

3TO Apostle

Well, with this thread and the beer thread, my entire diet is covered here at BF.net. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Alright, not quite, but I love cereal, generally have a bowl or 2 every night. My late night snack of choice, I guess. We almost exclusively go in for the Malt O' Meal bagged stuff. Just as good, and, of course, cheaper. Marshmallow Mateys, Maple and Brown Sugar Mini Spooners, Honey Buzzers, Frosted Flakes, Golden Puffs, Raisin Bran, Cinnamon Toasters, Honey Graham Squares, Honey & Oat Blenders...geez, I eat alot of cereal. Those are my favorite M-O-M's, although my all time favorites are Cinnamon Life and Cracklin' Oat Bran, but I'm getting old and getting more frugal, and just can't justify spending that kinda dough of what is usually a very small box.

No love for Golden Grahams here? I love that stuff and could eat it every day. In my house we always had a rule growing up that you eat one bowl of normal cereal and then if you wanted you could have one bowl of sugary cereal. Does anyone else eat raisins in their cereal? Cheerios or Wheaties and a whole bunch of raisins rocks my socks. Man I love cereal!!

Archived