Brewer Fanatic

6/22/07 Royals (De La Rosa) @ Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Officially Worried about the Brew Crew facing JDLR today. Just a hunch.

Hopefully, though, he'll have trouble with his command and get shelled.

Here's also hoping that Soup stops doing his Designated Rotation Stooge impression.

I guess I just don't quite get why Counsell's hitting 2 when Weeks is hitting 8. I thought the idea was to get your better hitters more at bats, not fewer. Ah well, I guess it's not a big deal, just another little thing about Yost's lineups that eat at me.

Counsell gets on base and works the count very well. Against a guy with spotty control like de la Rosa, that's a great thing to have at the top of the order. That lineup makes sense, as far as Ned goes (I'd still rather see Weeks hit second, but whatever).

Here's to hoping that tonight is one of those games where JDLR can't control his curveball. I'd love to see Prince hit a hanger to the upper deck. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Edit: I love the "Vote Prince" shirts on Brewers Live during the Billy Hall interview.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

[ I guess I just don't quite get why Counsell's hitting 2 when Weeks is hitting 8. I thought the idea was to get your better hitters more at bats, not fewer. Ah well, I guess it's not a big deal, just another little thing about Yost's lineups that eat at me. ]

The point was to keep the pressure off Rickie. He's not going to bounce him up to 2 for a day just to drop him back off at 8.

Quote:
Yeah he's gotta be hurt. Hopefully its just a few days and not a DL thing.

They just said on FSN that he should be in the lineup tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived