Brewer Fanatic

6/22/07 Royals (De La Rosa) @ Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what it is, but the colors in those graphics sure are purdy.

Yes, Greinke used to be one of the premier pitching prospects in the game, but then if I recall, KC called him up as a 20 year old or something and he pitched well his first year, but then proceeded to carry a 6-ish ERA the next year, and then the following year announced he was suffering from depression. I guess I'd be depressed too if Reggie Sanders was the leading hitter on the offense supporting me. Seriously though, the kid is still only 23...and for some reason, I've always rooted for him. I'm sure someone can give a more accurate detail.

As one of the only non-JDLR fan here, I hope he doesn't see the 5th inning. Maybe he can hit 100mph on his fastball, but he never felt like learning how to pitch.

All I want is 4 Brewer home runs (one being a grand slam), 10 hits, and a Suppan CG.

I'd settle for one hr and a perfect game from Soup. Acutally, I hope Yo or Bush gets one since I won't be there personally for tonights game.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

To small of sample sizes for Russ series predictions?

I've been doing the homestand / roadtrip probabilities, to mitigate the problems with pitching matchups. A series with or without Sheets pitching makes a sizable difference, for instance.

I have the Brewers with a 66% chance of winning each game this series, so the chances of each series result occurring is as follows:

Brewers sweep: 29%

Brewers win 2 of 3: 44%

Brewers win 1 of 3: 23%

Royals sweep: 4%

So, there's a 1 in 4 chance of the Brewers losing the series and bf.net proclaiming that the Royals obviously own the Brewers. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Seriously, though, any team can win any series in baseball. They'll just not win very many if they aren't good. That's why fans shouldn't make to much out of any 3 or 4 game set.

That is a great card hawing. My Dad and Uncle always tell me the story of a Brewers vs Yankees game they went to and Caldwell was pitching and he threw a couple of brush back pitches to Reggie Jackson and then got him to pop it up or ground out and Regg was pissed so he threw the bat out toward Caldwell and Mike smashed it on the rubber, broke it and then a brawl broke out.

It was a great story, I was born in 82 so I dont know of it. Anyone else remember that?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

My Dad and Uncle always tell me the story of a Brewers vs Yankees game they went to and Caldwell was pitching and he threw a couple of brush back pitches to Reggie Jackson and then got him to pop it up or ground out and Regg was pissed so he threw the bat out toward Caldwell and Mike smashed it on the rubber, broke it and then a brawl broke out.

Yes, I remember that clearly, I believe 1978. Reggie got all tough-guy, he took his glasses off, put them in his batting helmet, and charged the mound. Caldwell proceeded to knock the snot out of him in the middle of a huge shoving match...Reggie did not fare well.

Uecker was going crazy over the radio, talking about how Caldwell wasn't the sort to back down to anybody, etc.

Regarding the Jackson-Caldwell slugfest....

Yanks, Brewers Fight as Caldwell and Reggie Chat by Gonring, Mike

Article in The Sporting News

August 11, 1979 (Vol. 188, Issue 6) -- p. 13, 1 page(s)

Stats: n Photos/Illustrations: n

Named people: Mike Caldwell; Reggie Jackson

Topics: Fighting; New York Yankees; Milwaukee Brewers

It must have been '79

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived