Brewer Fanatic

Huntsville Joins MiLB.com Umbrella of Sites

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Staff
All minor league teams will be switching over to BAM sites in the near future.

If they do, it won't be by choice.

From our interview article with Nashville's Chuck Valenches:

BF: Your Assistant GM and Communications Director, Doug Scopel, has done an amazing job with the Nashville web site. We link to your pre-game interviews, media notes, and the post-game summaries all season long. MLBAM (MLB Advanced Media) has done a fine job of their own, streamlining minorleaguebaseball.com and the audio operations there. Is there a reason that your full game play-by-play audio has yet to be included in the MLBAM archived package?

CV: That is a situation that should be corrected this year. We butted heads with BAM over the years on the issue. We felt that BAM would not link our games because we would not pay them to host our site. We felt we had a better site than what they could provide us and we were extremely happy with it. Alex from Streamline Technologies, the designer of nashvillesounds.com does, I think, the best job on websites in minor league baseball. Our site is responsive to our local fans needs and we don't give up so much revenue. I personally also had an abiding fear that if BAM were to get a monopoly on minor league sites, we would soon see a fee attached to the internet broadcasts. Besides, we had no problem drawing listeners just by using nashvillesounds.com.

I am happy to report that we had a chance to speak with BAM at the Winter Meetings and worked everything out. It is now (and they say always was, oops) really an issue of providing them with a line they can call in. So, fans, if they don't want to go directly to nashvillesounds.com, can link via minorleaguebaseball.com. BAM does one thing that we did not do which I am looking forward to, archiving all our games online, so fans can go back to a game they missed and listen to it in its entirety. The Sounds website will still archive interviews and highlights along with game stories and other useful info.

Archived