Brewer Fanatic

6/24/07 Royals (Perez) @ Brewers (Gallardo): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is setting up for a walk-off hit for Bill Hall on his own bobblehead day. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Bow haters do realize that most teams have worse options that him. There just aren't that many guys out there who are better because all the good ones are closers. And even the best blow games. What will we cry out when an "elite" guy would blow a lead?

The only way we get a better guy, which I have no idea who it would be, would be give up a big prospect or something. We have a pretty good bullpen compared to the playoff contending teams. I don't know why we get so worked up when we give up runs. It happens and there has never been a perfect pitcher.

I'm calling the 9th right now:

Gabe Gross strikes out, Corey Hart walks, Craig Counsell grounds out, Braun singles, Hall hits a walk-off two run double. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Yeah, that was a really foolish decision by Yost not to pinch hit for Mench. A righty who can't hit righties and has a low OBP to leadoff the inning. I'm sure he's thinking about a what if scenario for the 10th inning. You have to get there first. Ned just makes me shake my head sometimes.

Rickie Weeks continues to be clutch! He'd be an all star if it weren't for those pesky pressure situations.

Any reason not to pinch hit Jenkins for Mench in the 8th against a righty, Ned?

Seriously, I have long been an advocate that Ned is the right manager for this team, but he is a very poor in-game decision manager. I can't figure out what he's thinking sometimes. Is that really smart baseball to "save" Jenkins, Gross, Prince, just ASSUMING that there will be extra innings? Newsflash, Nedly, we need a run first!

Quote:
Here is comes again. When we lose its ned's fault

Nobody said its Ned's fault if we lose here, but he HAS to pinch hit for Mench against righties. Mench is one of the worst hitters in baseball against righties, there is absolutely no reason not to do it late in the game. This is a mistake he makes over and over and he needs to realize that Mench just cannot hit righties at all.

Archived