Brewer Fanatic

6/24/07 Royals (Perez) @ Brewers (Gallardo): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Yeah Thanks!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif He's been sleeping all day and into the night. I figure he was freaked and didn't sleep much. Plus he ate a ton when he finally found home. 48 hours missing, I figure he'll need 48 hours of sleep. Also noticed that he has a bit of scar and raw skin around his left eye. Nothing serious but it looks like he duked it out once. I'll take him to the vet just to run blood I think.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, we got back to Neenah after a great day at the game (minus the final outcome, of course).

Hawing, you're welcome! It was good to meet you and your S.O.

As for the Villanueva stuff, he warmed in the 7th, 8th, and 10th (I saw him throwing). In the 11th, he threw for about 30 seconds and then sat down and Spurling got up. So I'm guessing he was gassed from so many throws in the pen and that's why he didn't come into the game in the 11th.

Yovanni looked awesome. Great composure for a rookie in getting out of some big jams.

Some random observations made by my wife and I today:

1) We thought it was awesome doing spontaneous cheering/clapping because the fans knew to do it without a scoreboard telling them to. It has been a LONNNNNGGG time for me at the ballpark getting to take part in that (darn you, Dbacks and your fans that don't know when to cheer unless the jumbotron tells you to!)

2) Along the same lines, spontaneous rising to your feet at key moments. We didn't sit for most of the 9th-11th innings (when we were batting, of course)

3) It was great to give high-fives and what-have-you to total strangers in your section and they know and understand why. And they are more than willing to deal them out, too. So many fans in Phoenix just sit and clap like it's a golf tourney. And those that do get in the game don't want to have anything to do with other fans, it seems.

4) I couldn't believe they sold 44,000+ for this game. And it truly was SRO. They were 2-3 rows deep behind most sections in the lower bowl.

Yes, everybody, my wife and I will get a 2nd and final opportunity to see a Brewer win on Tuesday night before we head back to Arizona. Section 421 row 6 seats 1-2 I think.

Tootle-ooo!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

----"1: With a pop up just in front of the pitchers mound Braun flew in and grabbed the ball in front of Graffy. My seats are right there and I didn't hear him call. Who should be calling for that?"----

I believe that that was Bruan ball to call, but he obviously didn't communicate well with Yo and Graffy. I may be wrong though.

----"2: Again a pop up right in front of me where Miller and Braun dropped a pop up and no one yelled for the ball. Isn't that Braun's call to call the catcher off since that is easier?"----

That is Braun's ball, and why he didn't call it I do not know. Another case of poor communication.

-----"3: When Bill Hall threw the ball to third not on target, Counsell was in perfect position to cut the errant throw off to get the runner going to second. Counsell looked frustrated when he saw where the throw ended up. With his back to the play at third isn't it the 3baseman's job to yell cut and Braun's non communication cause a third misplay."-----

You're correct, on that play if Braun knows the throw is off and there's a better chance of the guy at second, he should have yelled cut. Possibly he thought that he had a play regardless of the bad throw. Obviously Braun still has some defensive issues that will eventually be worked out with time.

OK, I missed the party. Should have read the thread before I went. I was there as well in 419. Was there with my father and 2 sons. Sounds like I was close to Hawing.

Great game except for outcome, got to see Gallardo's first game Monday as well. We were there for little league night. Since I help coach got to walk around the field with my son. Great experience.

Gallardo looks awesome, I will be very upset if he gets removed from the rotation. very posied. Even when he gets behind, he does not look rattled.

Great game, sorry I didnt get to see any brewerfan.net members.

We thought it was awesome doing spontaneous cheering/clapping because the fans knew to do it without a scoreboard telling them to. It has been a LONNNNNGGG time for me at the ballpark getting to take part in that (darn you, Dbacks and your fans that don't know when to cheer unless the jumbotron tells you to!)

Ehh, to be fair, there are enough times when Brewers fans stay quiet until they're "told to" make noise.

But there has been more spontaneity this season, which is awesome. These last two games of ours (both of the Yo starts) have featured appreciative crowds who have been into the game from the start.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

parkside 21,

Yep, that was me. I was wearing the Brewers, DAD 1 shirt that the kids gave me for father's day. My 5 year old slept the first 4 innings or so. the tickets were actually a gift to my dad for fathers day. Where were you?

I saw you in the concourse! I noticed the DAD 1 shirt you described.

Without a more overt brewerfan connection, it's hard to just ask an otherwise-stranger who they are. Unless you're parkside21. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Bench Coach,

Then I was the geek in front of you with the green hat on that turned around to share my displeasure for seeing Gross pinch hitting instead of Jenkins. You must not have noticed my brewerfan.net shirt. I was wondering if you were a bf.netter...I had a hunch though, listening to your displeasure for Ned, http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

edit: Hawing, I was just honored to be in the same concourse as a brewerfan.net moderator, I stopped short of asking for an autograph though and just decided on an introduction, though I was nervous that I was pronouncing "Hawing" incorrectly. Hmm, isn't it weird that it sounds like you keep meeting people at the concessions though? Maybe that says something about us. I kid, I kid.

Hey! I saw the DAD shirt too. Cool. I was there in 428 with my nephew (wearing his Little League Twins cap), brother in law and my nephew's 2 whiny friends who wouldn't stop asking us to buy them stuff - and wanted to go home after 9.

Thankfully (or maybe not, considering the result) I was able to bum a ride with my buddy and his wife in 415, so my enjoyment wasn't ruined by a precocious 7 year old. Happy times...

I did see one other guy there with a Dad 1 shirt so the guy you others saw may or may not have been me. IF you saw me with another guy and two kids, it probably was me then.

Parkside, nice to meet you. Totally missed the shirt or I would have said something. At that point I was too angry about Gross being in the game.

Archived