Brewer Fanatic

6/25/07 Astros (Jennings) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a great time at the park -- the weather could not have been better. The parking lot seemed to be a lot more full than there was people in the stadium.

Some notes....

1.) Jason Jennings -- This guy has either massive thighs, or he gets fitness tips from Reuben Quevedo. I have never seen a player move off the field as slow as he did.

2.) Carlos Lee -- The crowd was very unfriendly to Lee. However, no one can deny the guy has a geat sense of humor. -- In the bottom of the first -- the OFers were warming up -- the RFer was throwing to one of the ballgirls, and Pence (CF) was waiting for Lee to get out to LF to warm up. As Lee was walking out to the field, he started talking to the LF ball girl, and tossed the ball to her, which she threw back to Lee, and Lee returned. Meanwhile Pence is yelling in CF at Lee to throw the ball to him, Lee turned around looked at Pence, and threw the ball back to the ballgirl. Pence started stomping his feet and yelled to Lee again, Lee turned around, and Pence started waving his hands in the air (as if Lee couldn't see him), apparently Lee just didnt care as he threw the ball back to the ballgirl. Finally Lee did throw to Pence, and Pence fired off a couple rockets at Lee. Miller Park would have exploded had Lee dropped Sheets liner in the gap. You could almost hear "Lee you suc... Awwww". The funniest thing Lee did was take groundballs at 3b -- good stuff.

3.) Chris Sampson -- We were sitting right above the 3rd base dugout. There were some Astro fans, one of them was a cute 20 year oldish gal, who apparently is big into Chris Sampson. Sampson came over to sign some autographs, and signed this girls Gameday, and she started to break down like that girl on American Idol did. Chris Sampson is catnip to the ladies in Houston.

4.) Brad Ausmus -- Dude would pop his head out of the dugout about every 15 minutes and stare into the crowd. He kept staring right in my direction. I yelled "Down in front" at him, and he popped back into the dugout. He was creeping me out.

5.) Stephen Randolph -- The guy in kahki shorts pitching BP for the Astros had better stuff than him. I bet in Houston that they have to put up safety bulletins on the scoreboard when that guy gets into the game. "Hey fans, be extra careful now that #62 is in the game, balls will travel at an increased velocity"

I saw Cecil Cooper! yay!

Mark Lorretta looks good.

I got the impression that Sheets got squeezed pretty good at the plate.

Archived