Brewer Fanatic

Movies that make you cry

jason21nl

For some reason "A League of their Own" makes me tear up. It kind of hits close to home, since the Racine Belles were featured. I mostly cried at the end when they reunite at the Hall of Fame and Kit and Dottie hug, and then they show the picture of them during the AAGPBL Inaugural Season. It also hit close to home because it illustrated the rivalry between an older and younger sibling, which I can relate to.

A lot of moments at the end of movie made me cry, when Dottie wanted to reunite with Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks) only to find out he died years earlier and then Dottie running into the little boy who said, "You're going to lose" and learning his mother died.

Just thinking about the moments makes me want to find where I stored the VHS tape since I don't have the DVD for the movie and then try to figure out where I put my old VCR if I even still have it.

I just watched this movie again tonight. I was in the mood for it after I read about it on this thread. It was far better then I remembered and did have some touching moments in it. Jon Lovitz is awesome in it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the sad thing about Rudy is the type of person he turned out to be. I have talked to people that played on that team and they say that alot of them do not like him now and wish that they wouldnt have put up the fight that they did for him. While a hard worker and go getter back then has turned out to be very self centered who is more then willing to tell you how great he is/was back then.

Since it was just on TNT this evening, I had to dig this thread back up. Every time I watch Return of the King the whole way through, the scene where Sam, Merry, & Pippin discover that Frodo, too, is going to the undying lands makes me cry like a baby.

I guess in a way it reminds me of the friends from whom I've grown apart over the years...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Since it was just on TNT this evening, I had to dig this thread back up. Every time I watch Return of the King the whole way through, the scene where Sam, Merry, & Pippin discover that Frodo, too, is going to the undying lands makes me cry like a baby.

I guess in a way it reminds me of the friends from whom I've grown apart over the years...

The part that gets me every time in the movie is when the Hobbits are about to bow to Aragorn, and he says "you bow to noone" or something like that; and then everyone bows to Frodo and the Hobbits... great stuff

The ONLY time I've seen my step-Dad cry in the 28 years I've known him was when he was watching The Champ with Ricky Schroeder and Joel Grey on some UHF channel in the 80s.

Personally, I get misty-eyed pretty often, and like Hawing, every time I see It's A Wonderful Life it gets me. Actual tears are harder to come by.

I practically had a crying jag at the end of Big Fish...of course, I've always had a choppy relationship with my Dad but what that came down to is that I was pretty drunk on whiskey at the time, too ("It's about fathers and sons, maaaaaan!")!

The last one to get me was a surprise--Bridge to Terabithia. Yes, I was sober for that one. My wife wanted to rent it since she'd read the book as a child...because of Disney's misleading advertising, I thought it was a Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe knockoff and wasn't really expecting the really touching story I got. Very moving; I cried the second and third time I watched it as well (not the fourth, though, I'm proud to say!).

Best avatar ever created trouty!

Lots of great ones mentioned, I do tear up once in awhile, but one that I don't think has been mentioned is when Will Smith gets the internship in Pursuit of Happyness. Almost full-on crying.

Good call Brian on Narnia. That reminds me: I will throw in The Passion of the Christ...

Amen on Narnia and Passion....as a believer, those are powerful to me. I bawled like a baby the first time I saw The Passion. For very personal reasons, but those were quite impactful.

Mark me down for the Forrest Gump scene as well.

One that got me was the scene at the end of
Armageddon when Bruce Willis says goodbye to Liv Tyler.

For books, I read "Skipping Christmas" every year, and I still can't read about Luther giving the generous gift to his rival neighbor without tearing up a little, even after so many readings.

Might as well throw a song in here too. The song "The Best Day" by George Strait always got me thanks to the great relationship I have with my dad. But when I heard it about a month after my son was born, it was all over. Glad I wasn't in public that time.

Archived