Brewer Fanatic

Movies that make you cry

jason21nl

i'm almost embarrassed, i teared up at Dan in Real Life, but it may not have entirely been just the move.

Field of Dreams, of course. not just catching with the dad, just the whole thing.

My First Mister--one of those movies where you want to rush and call your father.

Snow Walker

Paths of Glory--the ending with the German woman singing, it was incredible.

it's odd, i'll watch Old Yeller get shot, and nothing.

When Luke pulls off Vader's helmet (just kidding).

i'm not ashamed to say i'll well up at some movies. i had a professor who always said "A real man will cry at a good poem but still kick your a-- for laughing at him for it."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason "A League of their Own" makes me tear up. It kind of hits close to home, since the Racine Belles were featured. I mostly cried at the end when they reunite at the Hall of Fame and Kit and Dottie hug, and then they show the picture of them during the AAGPBL Inaugural Season. It also hit close to home because it illustrated the rivalry between an older and younger sibling, which I can relate to.

A lot of moments at the end of movie made me cry, when Dottie wanted to reunite with Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks) only to find out he died years earlier and then Dottie running into the little boy who said, "You're going to lose" and learning his mother died.

Just thinking about the moments makes me want to find where I stored the VHS tape since I don't have the DVD for the movie and then try to figure out where I put my old VCR if I even still have it.

Fox and the Hound.... Ughh they're suppose to be best friends.

Oh god, this definitely. Also, Bambi (when his mother gets shot) and Land Before Time (when his mother dies). But nothing tops The Brave Little Toaster; that movie is a damn 90-minute emotional rollercoaster.

Rudy. Every single time I see that movie. When they start chanting his name, and when he gets the sack.

Field of Dreams never made me cry until I lost my dad almost four years ago. Now, I'm a blubbering idiot.

An Affair to Remember- My girlfriend is an old movie buff. Great flick.

Ohhh no Brewers19, now I have to watch the Brave Little Toaster again. Just the title is enough to make me laugh..... then think about why I laugh and get a little knot in my throat. I can't believe nobody would sleep with blanky except for a picture of Rob. Ohhhhhhhh where is the compassion in this world that we are suppose to have.

King King. To this day I cant watch that movie or movies like it. I think Free Williy made me cry. The notebook is another movie that I have to act tough during to keep my eyes from getting wet.

Of those mentioned, I'm in the Field of Dreams, Shawshank camp also. I'll add two that are similar, yet very different.

In Spartacus when Jean Simmons holds up Spartacus' son, while Spartacus is being crucified, I'm a mess.

In Gladiator, when the dying Maximus starts to have visions of his dead wife and son and that he will soon be reunited with them, accompanied by that incredible Lisa Gerrard vocal. Does me every time.

After losing my dad last year, I find I'm adding to this list more frequently. Dad/son stuff I guess...

Saving Private Ryan in the theater did, as I heard many senior citizens of both sexes crying loudly. Field of Dreams certainly affects most anyone who was close to their dad.

By the way, one of the best things about Field of Dreams (and many other films) is that the funniest line in the movie is very close to the saddest part of the film...it must only be a couple minutes from "When'd these ballplayers get here" and "Wanna have a catch"? I'm not sure, but the emotional swing probably plays a part in many people feeling strongly about it.

Mr Hollands Opus : When all his old students come back to preform the song he wrote. It really gets to me.

Rocky Balboa; When he visits Adrians grave : & says we did it & then waves good bye to her grave.

I second I am Sam & Cool Runnings.

My wife (who does not cry) cant make it thru Titanic when they show the mother reading to her children & the old couple lying together.

the one line from Field of Dreams that almost ruins it for me is "...I only saw him years later, when he was broken down by life." it's just so fake a line.

Dumbo's mother didn't bother me at all. and sorry, but that last scene in Titanic all i could think was "uh, finally this movie is done!"

I'm totally spacing on the name, that Kevin Costner one he did after FoD when he was at that Civil War outpost, and as he was taken away, the soldiers shot and killed the wolf he had befriended. that scene was a good one.

(can't believe i almost forgot this one) but the final scene to Das Boot was pretty hard to handle, one of my saddest ever.

Rudy is one that gets me every time. Once I watched it with my brother and I said to him, "so should we have a contest to see who can last the longest without crying?" I lost, I think I teared up like 20 minutes in.

Glory - another one that gets me every time - the part at the end where the 54th is the regiment that will lead the charge on the confederate fort, and the white soldiers are lined up watching quietly as the 54th (all black regiment if you haven't seen it) marches by and one white soldier shouts "Give 'em hell 54th!" and then all the rest of the white soldiers start cheering for them.

The first time I saw "I am Sam" I started crying a couple of times.

I usually tear up at some point during "Forrest Gump"

"Forrest Gump" is probably my favorite movie. Whenever I see it on TV, I have to watch it. no matter where it is. If TBS has it on back-to-back, I spend 6-7 hours watching it. I just have to.

I'm totally spacing on the name, that Kevin Costner one he did after FoD when he was at that Civil War outpost, and as he was taken away, the soldiers shot and killed the wolf he had befriended. that scene was a good one.

Dances With Wolves?

Speaking of animal abuse causing crying. I remember bawling every time during White Fang when the main character is yelling at White Fang to leave and like hitting him with a belt or something. That was very traumatic to me when I was about 8 years old.

I don't think I've ever cried during a movie. Movies for some reason can make me get goosebumps and make me happy, but they never make me feel sad enough to cry - odd that when they're sad I say "just a movie...", but when they're uplifting i pump my fist as if it were real. I guess that's why documentaries get me more caught up, even "Who Killed the Electric Car" had me feeling a bit emotional.

Archived