Brewer Fanatic

Getting a new cell phone

endaround
Its that time again to sign two years under penalty of great fees with Verizon. Anyone have any phone recommendations? Right now I can get teh Chocolate for free online, anyone have any experience? I heard that originally the RAZR keypads wore out, that fixed?

dont' get the Chocolate. We have Verizon from work and on of our VPs wanted a Chocolate, thing broke after a bit. The touch pad leaves much to be desired.

We've recently got a few enVs, they are pretty nice so far.

I forget where I had heard this, but one of the ways you can save a bit on your phone plan, if you don't want a 2 year contract, is to pay full price for the phone or something like that. The 2 year contract is what the phone company wants you to have because then, if you move out of their calling area (like I just did with US Cellular), they hit you with a $150 per phone fee....that's where they make the money. Just a suggestion.

Basically any of these that are under $50 I can get free:

Verizon Phones

I'm thinking about maybe holding off until the Alias goes on sale.

EDIT:The big reason I'm with Verizon, besides that most cell phones I call are on Verizon and hence free, is that the Verizon network is really nationwide.

The LG VX8700, may not be free but it is by far the best phone I have ever had. I actually went in to the Verizon store at Bayshore and asked what kind of deals that I could get on that phone and they were able to get it down to $115 after a rebate for me. Also, regardless of which phone you pick ask someone at Verizon if they have discounts for your employer or school. All I had to show them was a paystub and I got 15% off the phone and accessories, and 15% off of my bill each month. The sales guy mentioned it to me and said that they have deals with tons of schools and companies that not many people ever ask about or use.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

The sales guy mentioned it to me and said that they have deals with tons of schools and companies that not many people ever ask about or use.

Yeah, the sales guy at the Verizon store I go to said they have thousands of discounts for companies. I know someone that works for John Deere and he gets a 20% discount through Verizon.

of those phones, i would first recommend the LG VX5400. simple, compact, and should have everything you need. plus, it's not a motorola (which suck, IMO). I have an LG phone and from what I've experienced and what I've read, LG (besides the chocolate for some reason) makes the best phone (out of LG, Motorola and Samsung)

Archived