Brewer Fanatic

6/26/07 Astros (Rodriguez) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Anybody know if the Brewers have had a 9 run inning before? I remember a few 8s (1 against Zambrano and 2 in the same game at Fenway) and a 13 but no 9.

The Brewers have scored double digit runs 4 times in franchise history according to the media guide... nothing in there about 9 run innings however, so I'd assume this is in at least the top 6 or 7 all time.

I'm not sure if anybody was watching, but I caught a foul ball tonight. Berkman hit one to the upper deck along the 1st base line, and it bounced off the terrace level and came right to me. I caught it on a fly, and the whole crowd cheered. If anybody was wondering if the big red head with the Milwaukee's Best shirt was me or not, it was.

Chaz

Just got to our hotel in Pewaukee.

Great game to be at. Fun time all around. Glad the boys were able to break out the bats in this one so we could see one win before heading back home.

Ate at the .300 Club, too. I thought it was pretty good and the prices for a chicken sandwich, etc. were pretty much like at Friday's and such places so it wasn't that bad a deal.

Well, we leave Wisconsin tomorrow AM. Darn it!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

"I'm not sure if anybody was watching, but I caught a foul ball tonight. Berkman hit one to the upper deck along the 1st base line, and it bounced off the terrace level and came right to me. I caught it on a fly, and the whole crowd cheered. If anybody was wondering if the big red head with the Milwaukee's Best shirt was me or not, it was."

I saw him hit it and saw it bounce down, but couldn't see the catch. heard the reaction though. nice job. hell of a game. by far the most exciting inning i've ever been a part of at MP

Quote:
Anybody know if the Brewers have had a 9 run inning before?

They've scored exactly 9 in an inning at least once before. ~1980 against Boston. In the second inning of an 18-1 romp Cooper and Money hit slams and Yount hit a solo shot for 9 runs.

One of the coolest things I noticed last night (other than this thread) was how loud the crowd was. In years past, there wouldn't be a whole lot of crowd noise cheering the team on. But it seemed from TV that there was an energy. For those of you at the game, was that the case? I keep having this feeling that come October, this is going to get REALLY fun!

Quote:
One of the coolest things I noticed last night (other than this thread) was how loud the crowd was. In years past, there wouldn't be a whole lot of crowd noise cheering the team on. But it seemed from TV that there was an energy. For those of you at the game, was that the case? I keep having this feeling that come October, this is going to get REALLY fun!

I agree. Ueker was also talking about this. Right before Estrada hit his slam Ueker was saying over and over "Listen to this crowd!"

I jumped to the 7th page today to see what you guys said about the inning. I'm not sure what people said, but I have the strange feeling of being drunk now.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

yes, it was very loud in the ballpark. Sunday, too. But not as loud as the 9 run inning.

I was working the video camera for the whole inning (my wife wanted some "game footage" and "sausage footage" so I just naturally picked the bottom of the 6th to segue into the race. When I get home I'll watch and see how loud it really was. We watched (in the park) the Weeks "single + error" to check my "camera shakiness" and there was none--a spot on job of steady handedness, not to mention got the whole play in frame. Can't wait to watch it all again!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived