Brewer Fanatic

Econ. stimulus tax rebate (Update: Payments began week of 4/28) - Some TurboTax clients missed?

jaybird2001wi
I filed with TT, and mine is here. $300 into the 2 year old's EdVest account, new glasses for me so I don't look like a drunken brawler in interviews, some house plants and pots for Mrs. TheBwaz, got some routine maintenance done on the cars, went to dinner, and am sitting on the rest. I just stuffed it in my mattress because my savings account pays a whopping .1%

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone else not received their stimulus check yet? I filed electronically back in January and I should have gotten the check earlier this month, but nothing. If I type in my name in the IRS website regarding the stimulus checks, the system does not recognize me. Any ideas of what I can do at this point?

Community Moderator

Did you have your refund (assuming you had one) direct deposited, Schlitz?

Otherwise, as I understand it, the only people to have received their stimulus paper checks so far are people with the last two digits of their SSN's ending in 00-18. Do you fall in that range?

Have you played around with the exemption field? I was fairly certain on my number of exemptions yet kept getting no info and my paper check due next week and therefore should have been scheduled. I randomly tried it with 1 exemption and found that they have me on file and my payment is allegedly coming next week. (I'll believe when the check is in my hot little hand but feel a little better for now.)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So I direct deposited, my soc sec ends in the 77 - 00 range and I still haven't gotten my rebate. Where do I go to check on this?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Thanks for the help everyone. I think the government is secretly watching my online activity and noticed that I started asking questions, because I suddenly get a response from the "Where's my Stimulus Payment" questionnaire. For anyone else who is curious where their check is go to https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC.

I had my tax refund directly deposited and I thought I read that all those who e-filed with a direct deposit would get their Stimulus Check direct deposited by May 16. I know of several other people where this was the case. The other thing that's kind of weird is that my social security ends in 28, which according to the calender means the check should be issued on June 6th, yet they are now telling me it will be sent out by May 30th. I don't get it.

The thing that got me thinking about my check is that I was at my local bike shop, laying down $1400 on a new bike, when the guy behind the counter asks if I'm paying with my Stimulus money. I had completely forgotten about the money until then, after several failed attempts to find out where it was.

My advice to anyone who's not getting a response is to be patient and check back on the website every few days.

I was surprised that I received a letter from the Government saying the check was potentially in the mail for 2 reasons. 1, because I owe money to the government this year, and was expecting my "rebate" to go toward what I owed. 2, because I had put in my bank info on Turbo Tax for it to be direct deposited. So, if it shows up, great, it will go into my emergency fund just in case I need to have repairs on the car and whatnot else, and if it doesn't, I'll hope that what I owe on my taxes will be less.

So I direct deposited, my soc sec ends in the 77 - 00 range and I still haven't gotten my rebate. Where do I go to check on this?

I believe (and I hope http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif) that even if you got a direct deposit, if you paid $40, $50, or whatever to efile, TurboTax, whatever to have those taxes done, and you had that fee subtracted from your refund, that you will receive a paper check for whatever reason. I went from May 16th to July 11th in that scenario. I know I received a letter a while back stating that I would be receiving $600, so I'm not too worried yet.

the check should be issued on June 6th, yet they are now telling me it will be sent out by May 30th. I don't get it.

The feds seem to have started the whole process a bit early - for example, I was in the first batch of direct deposits for this rebate, and the funds were in my account April 29 instead of the originally stated May 2. So if yours is a bit early, that would be consistent.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yep, you're right NDOG - that's exactly what happened. Thanks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived