Brewer Fanatic

Econ. stimulus tax rebate (Update: Payments began week of 4/28) - Some TurboTax clients missed?

jaybird2001wi
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a very good website that discusses the rebate. If you scroll down far enough, it actually tells when you can expect to actually have your money. It is based on the last 2 digits of your social security number and if you had your original refund direct deposited or sent by check.

http://www.statesville.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=SRL/MGArticle/SRL_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173355101620

BTW, how do your post a link and give it just a summarized title within a reply. I see a lot of people do it and it looks much nicer than when I post huge long links to places.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

BB4L, your question appears to be answered by this information from the site to which Blancofan1 linked:

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns

Direct Deposit Payments

If you get your rebate through direct deposit, you will receive it based on the last two digits of your Social Security Number according to the following:

SSN Date of Deposit

00 - 20 May 2

21 - 75 May 9

76 - 99 May 16

Paper Check

If you get your rebate through mailing, you will receive it based on the last two digits of your Social Security Number according to the following:

SSN Date of mailing

00 - 09 May 16

10 - 18 May 23

19 - 25 May 30

26 - 38 June 6

39 - 51 June 13

52 - 63 June 20

64 - 75 June 27

76 - 87 July 4

88 - 99 July 11

As for how to post a link with a "title" to click on instead of a huge long URL...

Click on the Insert Hyperlink button above the message composition window - you'll see three places to enter text.

Paste or type the URL into the URL box.

The Text box (bottom of the three) is where you can enter what you want readers to see instead of the URL.

Yet if people click on it, they'll get to your URL. What a country!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Anybody know when the checks are supposed to be sent out? Is it May?

The check issuing begins in May. Checks are issued in sequential order of the last two digits of the taxpayer's social security number for taxpayers who have their tax returns processed by the IRS by April 15th..

So, we were thinking of going to Iceland with our check... I'm guessing Bush didn't think we'd be stimulating Iceland's economy. They seem like

a good ally though... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Actually, it's Iceland Air the whole way. Maybe we'll get some gum at the airport, that should stem a few foreclosures...

I imagine that you are going to pay an American airline somewhere along the way. Possibly buy new luggage or clothing for the trip.

• 1 month later...

Just to post something not about zombies...I checked my financial institution's website tonight and it shows a $600.00 U.S. Treasury direct deposit dated 4/29/2008.

Since it's still 4/28 as I write this, I guess the feds believe there's got to be a morning after.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I found this today on MSN, apparently all direct deposits will go out this week. Checks that are being mailed out have been moved up as well. From the article:

Rebate delivery schedule
Direct-deposit payment All sent by May 2
Paper check
If the last two digits of your Social Security number are: Your tax rebate check should be in the mail by:
00-09 May 16
10-18 May 23
19-25 May 30
26-38 June 6
39-51 June 13
52-63 June 20
64-75 June 27
76-87 July 4
88-99 July 11

MSN link

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I found this today on MSN, apparently all direct deposits will go out this week. Checks that are being mailed out have been moved up as well. From the article:

I don't think this is entirely true. Per your link:

About 7.7 million payments will be deposited this week, as many as 800,000 today, according to the IRS. About 1.6 million more will go out Tuesday and Wednesday.

All told, about 130 million taxpayers will receive rebates.

I have to imagine more than 7.7 million payments out of 130 million are direct deposits. That schedule doesn't appear to be all that accurate and everything I've seen doesn't state all direct deposits will go out May 2nd. I just think those receiving the checks this week are a few days ahead of schedule.

There have been multiple stories this week about how the rebates are going out quicker than they thought. Basically if you read on article on this before, all the date information has changed. Though, I think there's a schedule on Direct Deposit, same as checks. I thought it was 00-21 will have direct deposits by May 2.

There have been multiple stories this week about how the rebates are going out quicker than they thought. Basically if you read on article on this before, all the date information has changed. Though, I think there's a schedule on Direct Deposit, same as checks. I thought it was 00-21 will have direct deposits by May 2.

Oh I understand that. The bottom part of the article with the schedule just looks to be inaccurate to me. Those that were schedule to receive them this week on Friday appear to be getting them earlier. Has anyone received their check that was schedule to receive it next week?

I read a story on Yahoo yesterday (can't find the story now) that those receiving their rebate as a direct deposit with SSNs ending in 00-20 will get theirs by this Friday. Those with numbers 21-75 will get theirs by March 9th and the rest by the 16th.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

What determines if you receive your rebate check via Direct Deposit? I don't remember ever being asked? If I recvd a refund this year for 2007 taxes and used DD, does that mean my rebate check will come via DD?

As far as I know, yes. It's based on your 2007 tax return. Even if you had to pay taxes there is a spot on the return to fill in your bank account information and if you did that you should be receiving the money via DD.

Archived