Brewer Fanatic

6/27/07 Astros (Williams) @ Brewers (Suppan): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As an aside, how much fun does it look like Jenkins is having now that he's finally on a decent team? Seems like every shot of him in the dugout, he's busting a gut laughing, or clowning around. Gotta feel good for the guy, after being a part of so many bad Brewer teams.

I agree. He has also got to be loving the fact that Miller Park actually has fans in it... It's nice to FINALLY see a quality brew crew team. I wasn't born during the glory years, so maybe they'll recreate it... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't know how many times this has to said but a manager simply can't pull every starting pitcher at the earliest signs of trouble. The bullpen would be fried after about 2 weeks.

True, but let's face it...there have been more than a couple instances where Ned left a pitcher in a game well after it was clear he just didn't "have much left in the tank." You can argue that maybe there weren't other options in the pen, etc., but Yost's management of the pitchers has been somewhat questionable at times.

I guess it doesn't matter overall, given the team's record right now, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

i agree on the sentiments on the lineup, i know its easier to stick with one lineup when you are winning, but I happy that in general Ned is not moving things around too much anymore.

Come one boys lets get the sweep today

Quote:
What's happened to Ensberg? He was a breakout player a year or two ago, and until seeing him in the lineup today I forgot he even still played baseball?

The Astros basically gave up him on around May 12. He has only started about 1/3 of the games since then.

He's just an enigma. His Balls In Play Average has been about 50 points below league average for both 2006 and 2007, and this year he's not walking much. At 31 he's not young, so maybe his skills have deteriorated, or maybe he just needs a change of scenery. With that guy, I just don't know anymore .

My favorite stat about Ensberg is that last year his BA was .235, and his OBP was .396. That's amazing.

His OBP is consistently ~100 points higher than his BA. If he was hitting anything more than .219 right now I'd love to have him.

This is from the cbs.sportsline game center game blog:

"Their are a couple bright spots to the Astros play; that of Luke Scoot and Craig Biggio. Scott is comming of a two homerun performance on Tuesday; and Biggio has inched ever so closely to the 3,000 hit club as he stands on 2,997. The Astros look to those two guys to lead them to victory."

wow. so many errors, so little time.

Archived