Brewer Fanatic

Can you guys give me your input on this fantasy trade proposal?

danplesac

I have a proposal sent to me for me to give up Carlos Zambrano, and Alex Rios and I'd get back Ted Lilly, Aaron Rowand, and my choice of Matt Garza or Jon Garland or Mark Buehrle

Now stat wise.....except really for wins, Lilly had better stats.....Rowand had pretty much better stats in all categories and Rios is a leadoff hitter so I know he won't get the stats he deserves at that spot unless he has moved from that spot....I didn't hear that he did but maybe he has......

But what do you guys think of this trade offer and would I be getting a "fair" deal or what

LOL darn it........I was really hoping someone would say this was a good deal because I'm actually trying to convince the guy to do this trade......I'm the one who offered him lilly and rowand....lol.....and another pitcher......

Obviously I wouldn't do it but he was thinking it over

Wow. Bad deal. welp, might as well post the trade I am thinking of pulling off, I wont tell you which one I am.

Guy who needs some speed trades Prince Fielder, Josh Beckett, Edgar Renteria

Guy who needs some power trades Hanley Ramirez, Ben Sheets, Derek Lee

Ok, who is getting the better end of it. Traditional 5x5 league.

Hanley is good but Beckett is a top 5 sp .........some say a top 3, prince is a top 15 overall player and renteria if he can have another year like last year could be a top 5 ss easily

Sheets is very injury prone as well as Lee has his history with injuries but he is a good 1b.

Whoever would shell out prince, beck and edgard in my eyes is not getting a good deal...

Wow. Bad deal. welp, might as well post the trade I am thinking of pulling off, I wont tell you which one I am.

Guy who needs some speed trades Prince Fielder, Josh Beckett, Edgar Renteria

Guy who needs some power trades Hanley Ramirez, Ben Sheets, Derek Lee

Man hat's a tough trade. Ramirez is such a do all stud at SS and i think Lee will put up better numbers than last year, i'd prefer those two over Prince and Renteria. I'm not playing fantasy ball for the first time in ages though and i'm not up to speed with the injury status of Beckett, that would be my key factor in deciding which trio i'd like best.

Thanks for the input guys. If anyone else has an opinion I'd love to hear it. This is a trade that I am considering proposing. I would be the one trading Prince and Beckett and getting Hanley and Sheets, etc.

I feel I have pretty good power with other guys on my team such as Miguel Cabrera, Manny Ramirez, Brandon Phillips, etc. but I lack speed. with Phillips the only guy on my team a threat to take over 10 bags. I'd expect 50 HRS between Lee and Hanley Ramirez, and about 60 HRs between Prince and Renteria, however I'd look for 50-60 steals from Hanley and Derek Lee and about 10 from Prince and Renteria.

All fantasy trades also need to be judged by what the rest of your team looks like. If you have a stud 1B you don't need to trade two starters for another stud 1B, as an example.

But trading good talent for bad talent to fill a hole is always bad.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

That trade doesn't looks that great for you, but targeting Ramirez is smart since he can provide some pop along with SB. I wouldn't want to give up a slugger like Prince & a SP like Beckett, but you do have to give to get.

One note on Lee - his latest injury was a wrist injury, and it's going to be over a year in terms of recovery time for him heading into 2008... sound familiar? I'm expecting Lee to regain a bit of power for 2008, unfortunately.

i'm not up to speed with the injury status of Beckett, that would be my key factor in deciding which trio i'd like best.

Beckett is currently on the 15-day DL for his back. Given that he pitched a ton of innings in 2007, I'd bet on him missing time this year before I'd wager on a full season. SP as a group tend to have something like a 1/3 chance to miss major or semi-major time as it is. From CBS's player page:

"The Red Sox put Josh Beckett (back) on the 15-day DL. The move will be retroactive to March 19, meaning the earliest Beckett could pitch is April 4 against the Blue Jays. Beckett continues to progress in his rehab and the Red Sox are hopeful he will be activated off the DL for the Toronto series or to start the homestand in Fenway in the following set."

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Who is your catcher? I would be inclined to say yes, as while I do not like Delgado as a back up, getting someone via trade to approach what Derek Lee will do is much, much easier than getting someone like Russell Martin to catch, which is usually a black hole in fantasy baseball. I'd pull the trigger and then look to get someone like Justin Morneau or Travis Hafner to fill in at 1b.

RyDog,

Hanley >>> Renteria

Fielder > Lee

Sheets =/> hurt Beckett (or at least even--look at beckett prior to last season)

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Lee can at least come close to Fielder's stats (maybe a little less power, but the average and the potential SB's will close the gap). Hanley might be the second best player in fantasy baseball, and I'll take a healthy Sheets over a hurt Beckett. In my opinion Beckett was overrated this year anyway. He was good last year, but his career has been good, but not great (postseason excepted).

Yeah, Robideaux, that is sort of the way I was looking at it, only what I did was go:

Hanley slight edge over Fielder

Lee slight edge over Renteria

Beckett slight edge over Sheets

I too think Beckett is overrated and dont believe he is any more an injury risk that Sheets is for this year.

Of course, last year everyone here agreed that I should trade Ryan Howard for Lance Berkman and Dontrelle Willis, and I did, and regretted it. I just dont want to regret this one.

Archived