Brewer Fanatic

Starting Rotation Announced

brewjihad

It just amazes me how down on Bush people are. I guess it shouldn't. A few big innings and he sucks. I think we as Brewers fan need to stop thinking that we "have" to always bring up our young guys as soon as they have a few good games in AAA.

There is no way Gallardo has better stuff than Sheets. Sheets has more velocity on his fastball and he can spot it. Add his curve, one of the best in the league, and he is among the elite pitchers stuff wise.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no way Gallardo has better stuff than Sheets. Sheets has more velocity on his fastball and he can spot it. Add his curve, one of the best in the league, and he is among the elite pitchers stuff wise.

Agreed. People were really talking about Gallardo having number 2 like stuff, but his poise has helped elevate him to ace status, but I think sometimes we forget just how good that curve of his really is(sheets that is).

Again, not talking about value, or durability, just pure talent, it has to be Sheets.

Think the Giants will regret the "Wayne Franklin for Carlos Villanueva" deal when we face them in the 4th game of the season?

Compared to that rape job when they traded Liriano, Nathan, and Bonsor for a decent catcher, the Villanueva trade has to look like a not so bad trade.

The difference there was Pierzynski looked like an .300 hitting catcher, Wayne Franklin looked like Wayne Franklin

I can't help but think by the end of the year Villanueva looks like a 4.50 ERA pitcher which makes this a lot less attractive. I just do not have confidence that his heavy FB% and high BB rate won't hurt him more than his good skills help him over a full season. I hope I'm wrong.

Again, not talking about value, or durability, just pure talent, it has to be Sheets.

Yea, with it phrased that way, imo it's:

Sheets

Gallardo

Parra

Bush

Villy

Soup

Cappy

(Don't take that too literally) http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yea, with it phrased that way, imo it's:

Sheets

Gallardo

Parra

Bush

Villy

Soup

Cappy

Yea, that's about what I'd have, but with Bush and Villy flipped. I think that Villy's change is better than Bush's curve, and Villanueva's slider is better than Bush's change. I give Bush the edge in his fastball, but it's a small one, so I still think that Villy gets the nod. I also think that Villy's got better command. Yea, Bush doesn't walk anyone, but he gets way too much of the plate whereas Villy is on the black quite a bit more.

And actually, just on pure talent, I think I'd have to switch Gallardo and Parra. Parra's got a rare set of skills with his change that's got very good movement on it, he's got better velocity, and a beautiful curve when it's on.

I go

Sheets

Parra

Gallardo

Villanueva

Bush

Suppan

A 4.50 ERA Carlos Villanueva, or Wayne Franklin. Wayne Franklin or Carlos Villanueva pithcing a 4.50 ERA. Hmmmm....

That's a toughie. Lemme get back to you on that one.

Yes but compare it to the Nathan deal and a 4.50 CV for Franklin isn't in the same realm at all. Villanueva has to be a #2 starter to really make those two trades comperable at all. It is all about context.

Archived