Brewer Fanatic

Jose Canseco, A-Rod, Infidelity and Steroids

iluvlamp

Considering this book isn't even out yet I thought this was a pretty big breaking story. And an incredible get by Deadspin. I guess steroids has beaten everyone into the ground and no one can conceive Canseco could be telling the truth again. I can understand that. Considering we have a couple cheats on the Brewers now;) A-Fraud may be a fitting name in the near future considering the tactics and how congress is looking into steroids in baseball. Steroid fatigue has indeed set in among baseball fans.

When asked about Canseco's allegations, George Steinbrenner went with the old, "Consider the source" answer.

Um, George, Mr Canseco may be a sleaze who only told the truth to sell some books, but he did in fact tell the truth, which kicked the door open for Congressional hearings, the sport's new drug testing policy, and the Mitchell Report.

You can spare me the whole, "Leave Alex alone" routine.

After reading that, it just seems so vindictive. Not vindicated at all.

Canseco was a famous ball player. He told the horrible truth. He seemed to relish telling it. He had already made a lot of enemies, clearly, but he was rich and didn't care. He's still rich and doesn't care. He'll continue to dish out dirty stuff as long as he can. It keeps him in the spotlight.

Sounds like he is a good source if you are an FBI agent. But would you want Canseco as your friend?

I like A-Rod, I don't like Canseco. I know Canseco has told the truth about a lot of stuff, but I still don't believe everything he says. He is a slime ball who just wants to sell books. It's funny the Sklar brothers are filling in for Jim Rome today on his radio show and they were going on a rant how Canseco wants to take credit for all the bad things and that they all happened at his party. Like introducing Bill to Monica, Sars, Katrina, Elliot Spitzer, it all happened at his party. And it's funny how he throws in that A-Rod hit on his wife. "How dare A-Rod hit on my wife that I cheat on."

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I like A-Rod, I don't like Canseco. I know Canseco has told the truth about a lot of stuff, but I still don't believe everything he says. He is a slime ball who just wants to sell books. It's funny the Sklar brothers are filling in for Jim Rome today on his radio show and they were going on a rant how Canseco wants to take credit for all the bad things and that they all happened at his party. Like introducing Bill to Monica, Sars, Katrina, Elliot Spitzer, it all happened at his party. And it's funny how he throws in that A-Rod hit on his wife. "How dare A-Rod hit on my wife that I cheat on."

I was listening to ESPN radio a couple of nights ago, and the discussion of the night was on this book. Basically, the opinion of the host was that Canseco was grasping for straws. He made a good argument. The last sentence in the chapter on A-Rod is something like, "A-Rod, if you're reading this, I hate your guts" (with more colorful language). It seems to me that Canseco just really wants to smear A-Rod's name - it would be more believable if he left out the "oh, by the way, he hit on my wife and I hate his guts."

Gruber Lawffices

Archived