Brewer Fanatic

4/23/07 Brewers (Vargas) @ Cubs (Zambrano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
Did anybody notice that the Brewers were allowed three mound visits to Villanueva without being forced to pull him? I counted the visit by Yost in the 8th, Maddux in the 9th, and Maddux again in the 11th. Am I wrong, or did the Brewers just get the benefit of Pinella not knowing the rules, and the umpire getting caught up in the tense nature of the game and not forcing the issue?

Lou Piniella knew the rules. There was no infraction. Here is the MLB Rule on mound visits and pitcher replacements:

A professional league shall adopt the following rule pertaining to the visit of the manager or coach to the pitcher:

(a) This rule limits the number of trips a manager or coach may make to any one pitcher in any one inning;

(b) A second trip to the same pitcher in the same inning will cause this pitcher?s automatic removal;

© The manager or coach is prohibited from making a second visit to the mound while the same batter is at bat, but

(d) if a pinch-hitter is substituted for this batter, the manager or coach may make a second visit to the mound, but must remove the pitcher.

A manager or coach is considered to have concluded his visit to the mound when he leaves the 18-foot circle surrounding the pitcher?s rubber.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ordering TimeWarner cable tomorrow. I think I need FSN this summer.

Valpoc.... I'd say that would be your smartest purchase ever!

However, I'm already getting bored with Brian Anderson...way too many errors. He has more errors than Rickie Weeks did last year.

While everyone is giving props I will give props to our little man . . . Tony Gwynn Jr. with a big pinch hit RBI to drive in the second run. Without that we aren't as happy as we all are right now.

And props to everyone else that people have giving props to!!

Villy's big, slow curveball to Soriano in the Top of the 9th was also on the new "That's Nasty" part of the show. I loved how he just flicked it up there at about 68 mph and it had Soriano dodging out of the way, only for it to be a strike.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

just got back from the game, holy crap! one of the more exciting games i've been to in awhile. apparently they were showing me and my buddy on FSN a ton. if you saw a dude with a road grey Hall jersey with a blue/yellow retro hat with a dude in a home white Hart jersey with a yellow hat, that was me (in the Hall). really impressed with Villy and Turnbow to close it out. hopefully we can get a strong outing out of Suppan tomorrow night.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Yes, there are too many great moments to choose from. Prince's homer off of Bumpy Blueberry was an epic way to finish an epic game!

Jenkins with a great catch. Hardy with a couple great plays at short. Carlos New Village with 4 innings of shutout relief.

I just want to run around naked.

Quote:
I watched that last pitch five or six times. Even if it may have been a couple inches outside it looked to cross the plate at the knees and then the bottom fell out. Nasty pitch.

I completely agree. I thought it caught the corner right at the knees. It just had a lot of late break which made it seem lower than it was.

Quote:
just got back from the game, holy crap! one of the more exciting games i've been to in awhile. apparently they were showing me and my buddy on FSN a ton. if you saw a dude with a road grey Hall jersey with a blue/yellow retro hat with a dude in a home white Hart jersey with a yellow hat, that was me (in the Hall). really impressed with Villy and Turnbow to close it out. hopefully we can get a strong outing out of Suppan tomorrow night.

I hope you recorded that game because you were on TV pretty much the whole night.

Congratulations.

By the way, I loved your reaction when Gabe Gross caught the ball hit by Soriano. That was cool.

Archived