Brewer Fanatic

4/23/07 Brewers (Vargas) @ Cubs (Zambrano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that was one of the most entertaining games I've watched in a while. Reminds me of when Wes Helms hit the walk off in the 13th against Florida a few years ago after the Brewers were down 5-0 in the 9th. But this is the Cubs!!

Ned made a couple really great managerial moves tonight, I thought. He also made a couple really questionable ones I thought, but I'm sure glad I didn't have his job tonight!! Great feel-good win!

Just an amazing game overall. Since it was my birthday yesterday I still have beer and tequila left over from the party. I had to get into both after Turnbow gave up that single. This was a game that nobody would have been suprised if we lost, that makes me respect the gritty battling gamer nature of this team even more.

Quote:
Key moment maybe of the whole game. Yost walked out of the dugout after Villy threw that first ball and from that point on he had it going on. I dunno what Yost said but it got in Villy's head and it stuck.

I was just about to post the same thing. I also think Yost was better prepared for extra innings tonight because he did not pinch hit for Gross and Mench.

Everything worked out great tonight.

(Ned is getting a lot of kudos on am 1250 WSSP right now)

I know about 20 pages ago we were all scratching our heads at Yost's moves, but they worked out in the end.

I'm not going to be able to fall asleep tonight, wow.

Hats off to Villanueva, Prince, JJ, Turnbow, and Gwynn. Oh yeah, and Rocky Cherry.

While Ned is not exactly a shrinking violet to begin with, he seemed as animated as he ever has tonight. I actually enjoyed watching him - seemed to ratchet up the intensity for the entire team. The public lashing he gave Villenueva in particulr certainly seemed to pay dividends.

Archived