Brewer Fanatic

4/23/07 Brewers (Vargas) @ Cubs (Zambrano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...Ned made a questionable call...stop the presses!

I swear he was asleep on the bench and Sveum forgot to wake him up until after 2 lefties hit against a LH.

I just don't get what he was thinking there. Either Gabe's parents were in the stands or...that's all I got.

Makes absolutely no sense not to use Mench/Hart and Graffy there.

Maybe he's saving them so they're not tired later in the year? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Quote:
My guess is graffy goes into the game to play 2B and the pitcher slots into Weeks spot.

It would be kind of silly to take Weeks' bat out of the lineup.

Especially when you're trailing.

3TO Apostle

i completely agree with everyone saying that everything Yost has done tonight makes 0 sense. when the lefty was brought in to face Gross, you have to go with Hart or Mench there, whichever you feel more comfortable with, i can see CC being left in vs. the lefty because it is only the 6th and graffy is the only backup INF on the bench, but then why is graffy pinch hitting for the pitcher to start off the inning??????? it makes 0 sense whatsoever, oh yeah, another thing about not pinch hitting for CC there too, is you'll need another PH later on when the pitchers spot comes up in the 9th (hopefully) and yost doesnt like to use his backup catcher to PH, so : hart in the 6th for gross, graffy to PH for the pitcher in the 7th then? , mench to PH for the pitcher in the 9th, and miller still on the bench ...doesnt that seem to make more sense?

Quote:
I think most managers save guys with power for situations when runners are on base.

Was that supposed to be in blue?

1st and 2nd with 1 out in the 6th? Is there a better time to use a PH?

I can't think of too many.

Archived