Brewer Fanatic

6/29/07 Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cubs (Hill): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While at a bookstore today I saw a title whose cover could maybe supply some negative cub mojo:

http://www.uta.edu/english/sla/images/miraclecollapse.jpg

It's a good read. (Shameless plug: My library has a copy of this book)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Important question for my fellow Brewer fans:

Every time I go to a Brewers-Cubs game in Milwaukee I wear my home-made Choke shirt (you know, the Cubs logo but spelling "Choke" instead of "Cubs.") Anyway, tomorrow is my first time at Wrigley. I am currently leaning towards notwearing the Choke shirt, because I feel like I'd be asking for trouble. Instead I am thinking I'll just wear some Brewers shirt. Am I doing the right thing?

I just noticed it's an afternoon game... boo! *sigh* I need like 30 extra days off just for the crew...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The game starts at 2.20am over here but what the hell, I will stay up to watch and root the team even if it stretches past 6am! Full blown Brewers fever baby, and It does help that it's the weekend http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Good Luck Yo! Let's Go Brewers!

Stevo, it may seem like the cowardly thing to do, but I would just go with a standard Brewers shirt. You don't want some drunken FIB spoiling your witnessing of Yo's perfect game just because you're wearing a mocking t-shirt. Then again, can Cubs fans even read?

edit: Oh, and for those making their first trips to Wrigley, be careful, the trough splatters. As much as I hate the Cubs, walking into Wrigley and seeing the rooftops full across the street, and the ivy is something that any baseball fan should see once, and if you get to take in a Brewers win, that makes it that much more special. That said, it's still a dump. And as mentioned, there's nothing like gathering with several men that you don't know and standing shoulder to shoulder and...umm, well, you know, into a big gutter.

Stevo, that's one of my biggest pet peeves right there. If I see a Phillies fan, for instance, wearing a Ryan Howard jersey, that's cool. If same Phillies fan is wearing a Brewers suck shirt, in Miller Park..that's just classless. Go to Wrigley, wear your Brewers stuff, cheer hard, but don't wear the Choke shirt. It's disrespectful, and will only inspire polish sausage being thrown in your general direction. Let's be a cut above the Cubs fans!

My sister in law is a Cubs fan visiting us in New York this weekend. I need the Crew to play well so I'm not getting taunted in my own home all weekend. I agree with somebody's early comment that happy Cubs fans are worse than the Cubs actually winning.
You may run like Mays...

I dreamt of cub hatred overnight. The Brewers blew a 20-9 lead and lost 30-29. I told the S.O. that I hated the cubs.

Fortunately, my dreams are usually too weird to have much chance of coming true. So I will be not only surprised, but horrified if the score of this dream does come to pass.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I cant believe3 how friggin pumped I am for this game? Why the heck is this happening when are playing a 2nd place team that is under .500 and 7.5 games behind us. This shouldnt feel like the biggest series of the year but it sure does. Probably just because both Brewers and Cubs fans want to put the other teams fans in their place. That being said I would be thrilled with 2 out of 3 and OK with 1 out of 3. However the pitching matchups clearly favor the Crew and with us crushing lefties this month I got a good feeling. Enough rambling I have to figure out someway to be constructive at work, damn near impossible if you ask me

For some reason I just have this feeling the Crew is going to dominate today. A 7-2, 6-3 type of win today.

Yovani continues to pitch well.

Prince goes deep at least once.

I just have a very good feeling about this series.

GO CREW!!!

Quote:
I'll be there in all my Brewer glory!

mikevan, I hope you have an isle seat. If things get hairy near the end, you better be headed toward the bathroom.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Yeah I have definitely decided not to try to ruffle feathers and will not be wearing the Choke shirt. I made it mainly for when they come to Milwaukee.

Unfortunately Mike I'm not the one with the tickets, so I'm not sure where I'll be sitting.

Later all, go Crew!

Quote:
mikevan, I hope you have an isle seat. If things get hairy near the end, you better be headed toward the bathroom.

I'm got my ticket for free from a bunch of cub fans, so I'll be going with them. I may need to head to the bathroom just to keep my sanity.

But rest assured: any hairy situations after about the 6th or 7th innings, I'll be heading to the disgusting rooms they call restrooms at Wrigley!

Rich Hill has been all over the board the last several weeks. Need to get to him both early in the count, and early in the game. He has not been appreciably tougher on LH's than RH's, so Prince should stand as good a chance as anyone of getting his licks in. I do worry a bit about Gallardo being a bit amped up for this one given the atmosphere that is likely to exist. Then again, he was cool as a kumquat for his debut, so who knows? A couple 1st inning runs could be just what the doctor ordered.

Archived