Brewer Fanatic

6/29/07 Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cubs (Hill): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

I don't recall anyone here claiming the Cubs would get swept against the White Sox...if anything, everyone here pointed out that they always played the Sox tough.

Anyway, they're not an unstoppable force here...a sweep against a fading White Sox team, a good series sweep against a Rockies team that has lost seven straight as of last night, and a walkoff with two outs in the 9th doesn't make them the '27 Yanks or even the '03 Cubs for that matter. They can and will be had.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was getting text updates from my dad at work. When I got the following message I went numb for about 45 minutes:

Cordero blows game. B's lose 6-5

I hate the Cubs, and I hate that we had to lose this way.

My brain is incapable of understanding that this loss is technically not much worse than any other loss, because my brain hates the Cubs. I hate losing to the Cubs so much that I want to puke all over myself. I don't care if it's an over-reaction. Over-reacting is part of the fun of being a sports fan.

I just got home from the game. It was my second time at wrigley and i made those IGNORANT CUB FANS hear me cheer loud and proud for my team throughout the game. However that was about as sick as i have ever felt after a game. I still plan on going back next year again. We gotta get them back!!! Those cubs fans are the most irritating fans in baseball and I can't wait until they go on another losing streak. GO BREW CREW!

Quote:
I hate losing to the Cubs so much that I want to puke all over myself

I just got home from work and I realize noone will probably read this but this is the line of the year right here. I actually laughed out loud. I needed that.

Oh yeah--that game sucked.

We were in the middle of Monument Valley in Utah-Arizona when the game ended. I already had the channel changed by the time Pat Hughes got 3 "Cubs Win!" proclamations out of his mouth.

Oh, well. Go get 'em tomorrow!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Paid $50 for $30 seats, got there after the Brewers scored all their runs, watched as the Cubs slowly crawled back into it.....and all the while I thought everything was ok until Ramirez came to bat. I told my friend "He's either going to K or hit a ding - ". Before I finished the sentence he had parked one in the bleachers. Then I ahd to go to a bar across the street and deal with all the Cub fans taunting me. The great thing was that my Brewers hat is non traditional and unless you get up close (or you are drunk) you can't easily tell its a Brewer hat. So people would come up to me and want to high five and I'd tell them to stick it. The shock and confusion that came over them almost made up for the loss....almost.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I woke up this morning feel pretty good, just lying in bed, and then I thought of this game. Ugh. It really couldn't have started better or ended worse.

Well, up and at 'em. I read some guy on northsidebaseball.com say yesterday after this one that the Cubs now "control their own destiny." Look at the standings, Cub Fan--dramatic walkoffs don't count for 6 1/2 games.

Archived