Brewer Fanatic

6/29/07 Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cubs (Hill): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
As long as Bush and Vargas are staying in the rotation, I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Bush averages over 6 IP per game, has averaged more than Capuano and is right behind Sheets and Suppan by less than 1/3 of an inning per game.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Bush averages over 6 IP per game, has averaged more than Capuano and is right behind Sheets and Suppan by less than 1/3 of an inning per game.

You know what's sad? I figured I was wrong and typed it anyway.

Shame on me.

Shows you what can happen when you get caught up in someone's unwarranted reputation. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
Ok but i still think tommorows game is very big.

No bigger than today's, Sunday's, or the other seven we play before the break. Don't let yourself get caught up in stupid media hype about these games. They try to make them out to be bigger than they are, but they're not. Reality is that these games are more important to the Cubs, if for no other reason than the fact that there are only five games left between these two teams all season, so they can't even catch up by winning all the remaining H2H games.

I learned a lesson after that no-hitter. I thought the next game was more important than it was. What made that game look important was the fashion in which we won, but it wasn't that important.

Losses like this one are going to happen. Remember that ridiculous comeback in Minnesota? Yeah, we lost that game, but that kind of weird stuff happens.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I am trying be mature and I am trying to keep this loss in perspective. Maybe someday this loss will be nothing more than an irrelevant footnote in the grand scheme of life. But at this moment in time, it's awfully painful. I am still in a shell-shocked state of denial.

Nothing makes me more sick than giving the Cubs and their fans some hope and excitement. I so badly wanted to crush their season and destroy them for good.

This couldn't have turned out worse. My whole Friday has been ruined already.

Quote:
We can put them right back to where they are today tommorow.

I really have no idea what this means. It now takes TWO wins on our part just to get to where we would have been with ONE win today. Winning tomorrow is meaningless, it just gets things back to where they were at the start of play today.

A win today is worth two tomorrow, which is why it's a KILLER to be an out away from a win today and lose it. Now they gotta win two games just to be someplace we were one out away from already being.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

[ I am trying be mature and I am trying to keep this loss in perspective. Maybe someday this loss will be nothing more than an irrelevant footnote in the grand scheme of life. But at this moment in time, it's awfully painful. I am still in a shell-shocked state of denial. ]

Everyone thought the no-hitter was the end of the world as well. It'll be ok.

Yeah, if they had lost in almost any other fashion besides a walkoff after the Crew had led them from a big first inning, I'd be OK with it.

This stunk, but the Brewers' run after the Verlander no-no has taught me not to put as much stock in the idea of deflating losses.

I was all set to post a lame attempt at reassurance, such as "It could be worse. Think of the bf.net posters who were at today's game!"

Until SeriesFinale posted those pictures. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif Ew.

(send those to the Brewers, for 'bulletin board fodder.')

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
The Cubs may take 2 of 3 in this series and then will get swept by the Nationals in DC. Thats just the way they work.

Yeah, just like how they got swept in US Cellular Field before their current homestand. Oh wait.....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived