Brewer Fanatic

6/29/07 Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cubs (Hill): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
We deserved to lose that game after our pathetic offensive showing for the last 8 innings.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
That was disgusting. Where did the offense go after the first inning?

Thought it was going to be easy. Just like the rest of us.

I'd love to blame the bullpen, but it's ridiculous that we let them off the hook after slaughtering Hill in the first inning.

Then again, if Cordero had missed Estrada's target on that last pitch by any more, Estrada would have pulled a muscle trying to get to the spot the ball was going. You just can't miss by that much against major league hitters.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

hmm, the universe just kind of seemed to be converging into that home run.

yo looked great. this is just a hot team matched up against another hot team. win some lose some. looking forward to sheets tomorrow.

How big was the wild pitch? Or the leadoff walks that led to runs?

The guy who said it's one game is right. They'll regroup and we have Sheets throwing tomorrow. The Cubs don't make much headway even with a sweep, as the lead doesn't even get cut in half if that happens.

And they probably owed us one after that game in April where they led 4-0 and we came back. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
well that one knocked the wind out of me for awhile, but in the big picture its one game out of 162. We still got a good shot to win this series. Payback time tomorrow, the bats are more than due after the last 8 horrific innings.

Actually, it's 2 games out of 162. If we hold on we add a game to our lead, but they gain a game now by defeating us. Plus we give them a lot of confidence and hope. We could have stood on their neck and ended their season by sweeping them.

And I need an answer to this. Am I the only one who notices that Aramis Ramirez and Lew Ford have evil looks looks in their eyes every time they play us? Is that only reserved for our team or is it everybody else in the league?

I really, really hope that this game doesn't start another slide for the Brewers. I know it's only one game, but this was the worst case scenario.

Instead of continuing our momentum and halting theirs, we injected even more life into the Cubs, in addition to losing a game in the standings.

Maybe the Brewers will rebound tomorrow, since I'll be in town. You know, positive dlk9s mojo.

Quote:
We could have stood on their neck and ended their season by sweeping them.

I follow the Twins closely enough to remember last season and know that this statement is absolutely false.

10.5 games looks like a lot, but it isn't if one team gets hot and the other one chills quickly.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

It is only one game, but losing in this fashion just eats at me.

Hopefully a few beers will help forget this one.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote:
I follow the Twins closely enough to remember last season and know that this statement is absolutely false.

OK, then virtually stand on their neck. How about that? I know it's not completely over. But with how far they would be out of the wild card too, it might have compelled them to sell at the deadline. There's obviously a huge realistic and psychological difference between 4.5 and 10.5.

Such a bummer. It's a shame they let this happen. Of all the games to have our closer blow it, this one had to be the worst.

I hate the Cubs. Hopefully Sheets and Bush can take at least one of the next two games, but I have an awful feeling about this series.

Hopefully this will serve as a wakeup call to our team and will fire them up the way the no hitter did earlier in the season.

Quote:
But with how far they would be out of the wild card too, it might have compelled them to sell at the deadline.

Sell what? Outside of Big Z, who is unstable enough to kill his own trade value, what do they have to sell? They have too much money sunk into their key players to get rid of any of them.

And they can trade Big Z for all I care. It's not like he had anything to do with what happened today.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived