Brewer Fanatic

6/29/07 Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cubs (Hill): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
That was so far from a strike, it was laughable. Any closer to the ground and a worm would've died.

First off, welcome to the board. On to the stuff at hand - they re-played the pitch from the side and it was right at the knees. Most games, that is a strike all day.

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Wow, the way that Aramis danced after he hit that he really should be knocked down with something that has heat on it tomorrow...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Wow, the way that Aramis danced after he hit that he really should be knocked down with something that has heat on it tomorrow...

Seems to me he deserves to do a little dance after that. Maybe someone should knock down CoCo for throwing a hanging slider.

It's a race now, boys....

Sheets has been money all year, need one from him tomorrow.

This was a "stuff happens" game, Brewers didn't hit the ball hard all day, Mench's HR was the only hard hit ball in the first and it was an oppo job, which means he was fooled a little bit.

Right before Ramirez came up, I thought, you know, the only way they're going to win is a walk off. That really sucked. I feel like I got punched in the gut, because I was so pumped for this game and so happy when they scored 5 runs in the first. Benny's gotta have a GREAT game tomorrow to shut the idiot scrub fans up.

I knew that would happen. We score zero runs since the first inning and then Braun bails out their pitcher on ball four in the top of the 9th when it looks like we have a chance at the dagger. They had the momentum and the top of the 9th energized their crowd. With the top of their order coming up, that was a tenuous situation. Then Cordero grooved one to the evil smirking Aramis Ramirez and that was curtains. What an atrocious loss. We give up a 5 run lead in the biggest game of the season to date. We had a chance to bury the Cubs, and at least ensure they would get no closer than 6.5 after this series. Now 4.5 games is still possible.

Archived