Brewer Fanatic

Which NL Central team will sign Vargas?

Cards won't have much interest as he's been predominantly a starter. If I had to ponder a guess, I'd say he ends up in Washington, but since that's not a choice...Pittsburgh.

Pitt has a pretty decent rotation. I don't see them going after him. Duke's in a battle right now to win a spot, and while you can argue over how good he is, I doubt they'd want to bring in a guy like Vargas to start over him when they have a number of good young starters to go behind Gorzalanny, Snell, and Maholm.

Could you imagine how many hits he would give up in Coors? haha

You don't have to imagine. You can go back and watch that ugly start that he had out there late last summer. Ned told him to eat innings, and it wasn't pretty if I remember.... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Sounds like the other interest was what we had interest in doing, and Claudio had no interest in accepting, which was to stash him in AAA. Seems to me that his agent is advising him to hold out & wait for the first slew of arm injuries, when Vargas would probably get offered a one-year/rest-of-year deal by a non-contender. Just a guess.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived