Brewer Fanatic

Claudio Vargas released

homer

I'm confused by this. It seems like your saying that Cappy is undergoing TJ simply because he was ineffective.

I didn't word it very well -- Sometimes athletes get injured and require surgery in a collision or "snapping tendon" manner -- i.e. something breaks or goes bad all at one time.

Sometimes an athlete is unable to perform properly, -- for example, a pitcher cannot throw without pain, or cannot get his breaking pitches to work -- so they look at the arm, and

then they discover issues that require surgery.

My question was "what caused Cappy to go under the scalpel?" -- Was it a "snapping tendon" or perhaps he was laboring too hard to pitch effectively so they had the DR. look at his arm.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I recall the story, he threw a pitch and felt strong pain. He tried another pitch, threw it into the ground and came out of the game. It was examined and determined it needed surgical repair.

It could have been deteriorating, fraying or whatever prior to that but I don't remember reports that he was having pain prior to that.

Archived