Brewer Fanatic

Charter to add FSN WI HD on/around August 20, 2008

Loopee
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, they gave me an HDMI cable with the box. I'm all hooked up and really enjoying the pictures. Looking forward to watching the White Sox/Cubs game in HD today as well as the Buick Open.

Charter better get their act together and add FSN WI ASAP now.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Yeah, I am really pining for them to add it soon. As much as I pay Charter for their services, adding this one channel would pretty much make me completely happy as a customer. Hell, I'd probably send them a thank you card, or at least a thank you e-mail.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

For those curious, I chatted with a Charter rep this afternoon, asking them when they would add the channel, and she told me "Thank you for waiting, right now there is no estimated time when it will be available." So much for getting any concrete info, now that the season is nearly halfway done.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

For those curious, I chatted with a Charter rep this afternoon, asking them when they would add the channel, and she told me "Thank you for waiting, right now there is no estimated time when it will be available." So much for getting any concrete info, now that the season is nearly halfway done.

That sucks, they better at least get it before the season ends so we can enjoy some games in HD. And I agree, getting the channel will automatically make me a much satisfied customer. The few days I have had HD have been good, but would be 100 times better with FSN-WI HD.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I e-mailed Charter today to see if I could get any kind of answer about the adding of FSN HD. Here is the message:

Thank you for contacting Charter Communications, my name is Mike. I would be glad to assist you in the best manner possible.

I am sorry to inform you that our company still has no specific time schedule as to when addtional high definition channels will be added in your area. You may wonder and ask, "Why is Charter so slow in adding up HD channels in my area?" Well, adding high-definition channels is not an immediate matter. As much as possible, Charter would very much like to add more HD channels in serviceable areas, however, there are also some constraints that hinder us from immediately adding HD channels. First of all, a station must transmit a high-definition signal; Charter is required by federal law to obtain permission from the broadcast station to carry broadcast television signals. Then, Charter Communications must have permission from the local broadcast stations to carry their HD signals. However, some parent companys of local broadcast stations that broadcast high-definition signals demand that Charter (and therefore our customers) pay extra to carry their high definition signal, which are broadcasted for free over the airwaves. Charter believes it is unfair to make our customers pay extra for an HD signal that is broadcasted over the public airwaves for free. Thus, the current nill line-up of available HD channels in some areas.

I would like to encourage you to visit our website at www.charter.com for further information and assistance regarding any of your services. There are self-help options available for you there.

Thank you for your e-mail submission to our website. Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Mike
Charter E-mail Support Team

If you have any additional questions regarding your Charter services, you may contact us by calling the telephone number listed on your bill or work order. You can also use our live chat feature located on our website at http://www.charter.com/ and local contact information can found at http://www.charter.com/service/contact/contact.asp

Thank You
Charter Communications

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

As I posted above, I wish you guys the best with Charter, but I wouldn't hold my breath on this issue.

With Comcast reaching a deal with the Big Ten Network, Charter is going to have enough headaches just dealing with the pressure to come up with a deal of their own, and get all the technical issues of providing it to customers (in SD, much less HD) worked out, before college football starts. Providing FSN in HD for just a handful of games will be way down on their list of priorities.

I went round and round with Charter on a bunch of issues, most importantly my HD situation, a while back. They lost me as a customer forever, and, as the saying goes, my only regret is that I didn't dump them sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay!

Unfortunately, six of the eleven games in HD will be against the Pirates... but it's good to hear this at least:

FSN Wisconsin plans to broadcast every Brewers game in HD in 2009 as Fox transitions its 16 regional sports networks, including FSN Wisconsin, into round-the-clock HD telecasts in the first quarter of 2009.

We also received the new channel lineup in the mail today. FSN-HD will be available here in Wausau, as well as Animal Planet HD, TBS HD, and Smithsonian HD beginning on Aug. 26. They've missed previous deadlines for adding new channels though.

• 4 weeks later...
Is it going to be a constant HD, or a one game every six weeks HD like Time Warner has?

It should be based on whatever games FSN is broadcasting in HD. I heard that next year all FOX sporting events will be broadcast in HD. I assume this would include FSN.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I woke up this morning and there it is FSNHD. Tommorow will be a great day to finally enjoy what most of you have been enjoying for several months or even years (Charter sucks). Anyone in the Wausau area that received that flyer saying they would be adding TBSHD, Animal Planet HD, and a couple others remember when these were supposed to be added? As of now I don't see them and I thought they were suppose to be at the same time as FSNHD.

The fact that Charter is 20 billion in debt and on the verge of filing for bankruptcy has me feeling we won't be seeing NFLN or BTN anytime soon, which is all the more disheartening considering TW just got a deal done with BTN and will start broadcasting the Badger games in their markets on Saturday.

I would switch to DirecTV in a heartbeat if I had a choice, but my landlord won't allow me to get Satellite installed on the property unless there is a dish already there. Since there isn't, I'm essentially stuck with cable and Charter is the only option in my area. (Eau Claire)

I'll probably at least upgrade to HD now that Charter has at least added FSNHD to their lineup giving me enough of a reason to get it, so I'll at least be able to see all the Brewers HD games in the final month of the season.

Edit: Actually, I just read that it looks like a deal will be getting done soon with Charter and BTN at least since a deal with TW got reached this week. I just hope it's sooner than later.

Well I woke up this morning and there it is FSNHD. Tommorow will be a great day to finally enjoy what most of you have been enjoying for several months or even years (Charter sucks). Anyone in the Wausau area that received that flyer saying they would be adding TBSHD, Animal Planet HD, and a couple others remember when these were supposed to be added? As of now I don't see them and I thought they were suppose to be at the same time as FSNHD.

Charter was supposed to release FSN HD along with 4 other HD channels, add some digital non-HD channels, and restructure their channel order all at the same time according to the one mailing. They sent a postcard a couple weeks after stating that only the FSN HD and some of the digital channels would be done on time. They did not specify when they others would happen. I'm glad the one they got in time was FSN HD.

Archived