Brewer Fanatic

Who knows Portland, OR?

Brewtacular

I live here and can make suggestions, do a little research for you if needed. Give me a few details and I will help you out for sure. Portland Beavers do open their season against Fresno the first weekend of April if you don't mind taking a chance watching a ballgame in the misty rain. Civic stadium is pretty cool.

What are you into?

Civic stadium is pretty cool.

So you're a long-time resident, then? Not many call PGE Park "Civic Stadium". http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

halfnard is probably a better bet than me, as it sounds like he's been here longer... but that isn't to say I won't help.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Not to hijack the thread or anything but for those who live in Portland or Oregon in general do you like it? Pros, cons etc. Bonus points to those who have lived in Wisconsin and moved out there. I have visited the area twice and love, love, love it out there. I am thinking of moving out there for grad school or possibly when I am done with schooling. I would love to hear thoughts on it.

Depends on how "green" you want to be. When I lived out there and we had an ice/snow storm about 4 years ago, and they didn't use salt....just sand. Everything was shut down for about a week. It sucked. Also, in the state of Oregon, it is a state law that you yourself cannot physically fill up your gas tank with gas. Thankfully, if you live in Portland, Washington state is a bridge away and you can fill up your tank. I loved the scenery and all of living out there...just not the politics and the "hippy-ness".

Not to hijack the thread or anything but for those who live in Portland or Oregon in general do you like it? Pros, cons etc. Bonus points to those who have lived in Wisconsin and moved out there. I have visited the area twice and love, love, love it out there. I am thinking of moving out there for grad school or possibly when I am done with schooling. I would love to hear thoughts on it.

It's a great place to live, as long as you can handle rainy, gray 'winters.' If you like the appeal of a snowy winter, it's probably not for you, and to be honest the dreariness can get to be a drag. You just kinda get used to it. But it's been 50 degrees or so for roughly a month running now, and obviously we saw zero snow accumulate this winter.

It's gorgeous outside right now, too. Oh - and one last thing...

For 2008, Portland was #5 on Forbes's Cleanest Cities list.

and #1 an Yahoo's Greenest Cities list.

And the public transportation is incredible (which Yahoo addresses).

Depends on how "green" you want to be. I loved the scenery and all of living out there...just not the politics and the "hippy-ness".

I've got a little hippy in me, so I would probably fit right in with the politics haha.

Depends on how "green" you want to be. I loved the scenery and all of living out there...just not the politics and the "hippy-ness".
I've got a little hippy in me, so I would probably fit right in with the politics haha.

I don't have any hippy anywhere close to me, so that's one of the things I didn't like about it. But, to each their own!

Apparently they'll let any damn punk asses live there now. A true west sider though, I don't think TLB crosses a bridge much.

I... umm.... no comeback?

http://sio.midco.net/sublime/home/pwned.jpg

Damn you, EDR. I'll get you next time.

That picture is kind of like the Borat hotel scene, only with spandex on.

I really want to go on vacation to the Pacific NW sometime for camping/hiking/etc.

Sorry for adding absolutely nothing to this thread.

Archived