Brewer Fanatic

Justice Dept. OK's Sirius and XM merger

Fatter than Joey

The idea is that both companies will offer more choices to subscribers. for example you can buy both the NFL and Baseball regardless of which receiver you own. Both claim they can be more efficient operating as one company. Not sure about that, but I suppose they are not going to be less efficient.

I wonder if Direct and Dish will look into it again if this one gets thru. I'm really torn on less competition in the market place; but hard to argue against more consumer choice and efficiency.

I am very concerned because:

1) They better honor the Sirius lifetime subscription I bought a couple of years ago, and

B) Some cars, including mine, have a factory-installed satellite radio system and that better work for as long as I have this car. It's one thing to replace a little mobile receiver... it's another thing to replace a factory-installed antenna and receiver in a car (and that I paid $75 to switch the service from the old receiver to the car).

Archived