Brewer Fanatic

Best Star Wars videogame franchise

logan82

I have been thinking about it for a while and I would rank the Star Wars games as follows

1. Battlefront - I love these games. I can't wait for the next one.

2. KOTOR - Best stories of all the Star Wars games. Really add to the depth of the franchise.

3. Lego Star Wars - Fun. That is all.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

1. Jedi Knight series (Dark Forces II, Outcast, Academy) were all awesome

2. Battlefront (quite fun but I don't play multiplayer except for with family--don't care for people to pwn me and then rub it in. besides my family, that is)

3. KOTOR (have to base this on reputation, though, as they still sit in my "games yet to play" box

4. Lego Star Wars (tried it with my brother. it was interesting.

5. Star Wars Racer (it was kind of fun, too)

6. X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter (very fun, what little I played of it)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I always liked Empire At War/EAW:Forces of Corruption. Can't say that I've played all the ones mentioned, aside from one of the Battlefront games...can't even remember which it was now, but I enjoyed it enough. Wish someone could make just one Star Trek game that was decent.

In no particular order:

1) Super Empire Strikes Back - SNES

2) Tie Fighter - PC

3) Shadows of the Empire - N64 (it was the first 'advanced' video game)

4) There was this game where you went around and conquered galaxies like a strategy game. I can't remember the name of it, it's like 5-6 years old.

ah, yes. I forgot about Empires at War. I only played the PC demo, but I would buy it when it arrives on shelves in the $10 bargain bin.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I really liked Battlefront because it was like being in a huge battle. Unlike most shooters where you are one against many, you were one of many playing against the other army. I never played it on multiplayer, but the problems described sound like problems with most online gaming. I think a Battlefront where you can get up to 8 of your friends together to battle another army would be awesome. The only problem was that it is a little easy.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

KOTOR I and II were outstanding games, just too bad they came out on a buggy, crash-happy platform. During K-1 I could play for maybe 20 to 30 minutes, making sure I saved every 30 seconds, and then the X-Box would crash or freeze. I did finally get through the game, but it was horribly frustrating having it crash all the friggin time. I got about 30 hours into the sequel, (on a different x-box no less) when the game froze up, the x-box crashed, and it erased all my saves, so I never got to the finish of that one. That being said, the storyline and dialogue were 10X better than Lucas's craptastic 1-3 trilogy. Gameplay was fun too.

Battlefront, great game, obviously not as character driven as KOTOR. Still loads of fun.

Now the Lego Star Wars.......if you're like me and have a wife who doesn't play games, this just might be the one that gets her to pick up the controller. I'll be the first to admit the game (we have the PS3 "ultimate" edition, 1-6, with LOADS of extras) has a very "kiddie" bent to it, and you almost CAN'T not beat a level, but it's loads of fun 2 player, VERY easy to play, utilizing only 4 buttons and a directional, and with no "friendly fire can't hurt you", it can get hilarious at times if you have anything close to resembling a competitive nature.

My son loves battlefront, and I will play cooperatively with him.

You need to rachet that up to "competitively" and PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

1. X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter were the best, between myself and my college buddies we must have done the trench run 300 times.

2. Rebel Assault

3. Battlefront

4. KOTOR

The character driven stories didn't much appeal at the time as I was playing MMPORGs and these games were always a distraction from those, but having recently really enjoyed Mass Effect I may have to go back and revisit them.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Dark Forces series and X-Wing/TIE Fighter, definitely. Honorable mention goes to the vastly underrated PC game "Rebellion".

Note that I haven't played anything that came out in the last 5 years. I tried KOTOR once, but I couldn't get into it at all.

If you haven't looked into it yet, "The Force Unleashed" due out later this summer if it doesn't get pushed back again looks to be a great visual and interactive game. There is something like three seperate physics engines working to let you "unleash" the force as Darth Vader's apprentice

Link

• 5 years later...

I can't believe I missed this thread the first time around.

KOTOR wins in a landslide. I already had a PS2. I got into XBOX solely to play this game. KOTOR is my #1 #1 game of all time.

I'm sort of excited about New SW Battlefront, but know it will just be another disappointing MP focused game.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived