Brewer Fanatic

Make three BOLD predictions for the 2008 season (All Star break revisit, and updates) 2nd Half predictions start at post #64

These were my March 22 predictions (post 34):

Ted Simmons finishes the year as Brewer manager. Ned coaching a gritty team of high schooler's next season.

Prince's HR's and RBI totals are both down this year (needs to take 150 walks or more as he'll be pitched around)

Corey Hart is the most consistent player on the roster

Sheets has some dominating outings and other than a brief stint on the DL, wins 17 games (he signs elsewhere after the season)

Gagne is released in August

Luis Pena flashes brilliance in AAA, but is not consistent. He improves and is better each of the next three seasons in Milwaukee

JJ Hardy is on the DL twice this season

Parra finishes the season with 12 or more wins

Suppan has a +5.00 ERA

Hall is better than last year, but not as good as the year prior

Team disappoints and is prone to mental lapses, costing Yost his job and finishing in third place in the division.

I think I'll continue to stick with most of them....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll play....

1. The Brewers sweep the Cubs @ home the last week of July and take over first place in the division, and the lead see saws back and forth before the Brewers gain control on or about August 20th and cruise from there.

2. Melvin makes a couple more deals before the deadline, for probably a bullpen arm and possibly a LH power bat off the bench.

3. Matt Stairs becomes a Brewer, again.

4. Ned moves Corey Hart back to the leadoff spot and Rickie down to the 5 hole where he starts to get it together.

1. Brewerfan.net has a new thread each week commenting on the possibility of Ned Yost being Fired.

Money....The Designated yost thread never leaves the first page

2. Posters on Brewerfan.net will yearn for the days of 3TO and will mention a potential call up each time Hall is shaken up or makes an error.

Even Better...Brewerfan.net yearned for 3TO and Russell has not disappointed when he got the call.

3. A journeyman pitcher will be released at some point in the season and a thread will be started asking if Maddux can reclaim the career much like he did with others in the past, specifically Doug Davis.

This wasn't bold as any guy that is ever DFA'd anywhere generally gets his own thread on Brewerfan.net

3 New Bold Predictions

1. Sabathia will not have a loss as a Brewer....ever.

2. Weeks will get hot and finish with a Batting average of .275 or better.

3. Gagne will get better and become reliable.

Archived