Brewer Fanatic

Make three BOLD predictions for the 2008 season (All Star break revisit, and updates) 2nd Half predictions start at post #64

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Sheets has a monster year, and does not miss any time with ear infection's, or a tweaked muscle that I have never heard of.

2) Brewers will win 90 games

3) Rickie Weeks will have a monster year , he will hit .285/.390/..480 with 25 homeruns, and 30 steals.

BuckyTuba wrote:

3) Ben Sheets pitches 250 innings.

That is very bold Bucky. Would definitely make up for the last couple of short seasons. Sabathia only pitched 241 innnings in the AL last year.

I'm guessing that The Big Unit was probably the last NL pitcher to go over that mark back in the early 2000's.

1. Ned Yost survives the season

2. Vargas AND Capuano are flipped for prospects that immediately wind up in the top 15 of the Power 50. Both trades happen by the end of May.

3. Prince Fielder fires Boras and negotiates a 6 year deal by himself.

Ted Simmons finishes the year as Brewer manager. Ned coaching a gritty team of high schooler's next season.

Prince's HR's and RBI totals are both down this year (needs to take 150 walks or more as he'll be pitched around)

Corey Hart is the most consistent player on the roster

Sheets has some dominating outings and other than a brief stint on the DL, wins 17 games (he signs elsewhere after the season)

Gagne is released in August

Luis Pena flashes brilliance in AAA, but is not consistent. He improves and is better each of the next three seasons in Milwaukee

JJ Hardy is on the DL twice this season

Parra finishes the season with 12 or more wins

Suppan has a +5.00 ERA

Hall is better than last year, but not as good as the year prior

Team disappoints and is prone to mental lapses, costing Yost his job and finishing in third place in the division.

The Brewers go undefeated in games that Bill Hall can use a pink bat.

Prince Fielder gets suspended for running into the stands and yelling at a fan for not recycling the plastic bottle.

Ned Yost drinks a grand total of 40,389 cups of coffee during the season.

Seriously though,

1. Matt Gamel will start 30 games this year for Milwaukee, mostly at 3rd but a handfull at 1st giving Prince a day off.

2. Sheets, Gallardo, Suppan start a combined 85 games.

3. Mike Cameron hits .285 20hr 20 steals in 135 games

What should be a lock is me going to my first Brewer game in 14 years. The last time I went was my 10th Birthday, this year I don't care what happens I am going to go to at least one game.

1. Brewerfan.net has a new thread each week commenting on the possibility of Ned Yost being Fired.
2. Posters on Brewerfan.net will yearn for the days of 3TO and will mention a potential call up each time Hall is shaken up or makes an error.

3. A journeyman pitcher will be released at some point in the season and a thread will be started asking if Maddux can reclaim the career much like he did with others in the past, specifically Doug Davis.

1. the brewers schedule an all-fan giveaway . . . a bumper sticker that reads "WWBHFD?". it stands for "what would ben hendrickson's father do?"

2. investigative reporters at the journal-sentinel reveal that the sausage races are fixed so the italian always wins whenever mark attanasio visits miller park.

3. after a power drought by prince fielder, kent sommerfeld reintroduces him to meat by serving him a low-carb burger.

1. Mota is the closer by the end of the season

2. Weeks gets hurt/doesn't put together a complete season once again leaving fans to wonder if he's a bust

3. 3TO plays a big role in the Brewers season

4. Hardy doesn't play all year (I don't know if this is a bold prediction, but I'm worried about the tests he's having done now -- I wish him the best)

5. Jason Kendall signing is seen as one of the best off-season moves in baseball

6. Hall's defense at 3B is only slightly better than '07 Braun

7. Brewers win world series despite it all -- Braun, Fielder, and (gulp) Sheets carry team to victory

1. Braun misplays a fly ball in LF in May, crashes against the wall, makes a last second catch, crumples to the ground in pain, and is out until September.

2. Parra wins rookie of the year.

3. Brewers play in the World Series.

Already wrote in my "real" (wink, wink) 3 predictions, but it's time someone fills the rest of the crowd in on what will really happen this year. Without further prelude...

The 2008 World Series between the Brewers and the Devil Rays is an epic showdown, even though the Brewers only have four pitchers healthy enough to be on the active roster. In the first three games, three of the four healthy pitchers the Brewers have- Sheets, Gallardo, and Parra- are injured, and the Brewers lose each game.

Down 0-3 in the series, Milwaukee evens the series at 3-3 after back-to-back-to-back perfect games by righthander Seth McClung. The Brewers score 1 run in each of the three games on solo home runs by McClung. Unfortunately, after game six, McClung leaves Miller Park to go home for the night and is struck and subsequently injured by a baseball descending from orbit that is found to be a home run ball that Prince Fielder hit on May 19, 2006, that had never come down.

With no pitchers available, the Brewers turn to Bill Hall to pitch in game seven. He pitches a complete game and gives up fifteen runs. Fortunately, Russell Branyan, who is subbing at third for Hall, hits three grand slams in his first three at-bats and hits a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth to win the World Series. Pandemonium reigns at Brewerfan.net.

brewjihad wrote:

With no pitchers available, the Brewers turn to Bill Hall to pitch in game seven. He pitches a complete game and gives up fifteen runs. Fortunately, Russell Branyan, who is subbing at third for Hall, hits three grand slams in his first three at-bats and hits a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth to win the World Series. Pandemonium reigns at Brewerfan.net.

There is no way that ever happens. The NL won't win the all star game so the Rays will be the home team.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The NL won't win the all star game so the Rays will be the home team.

Oddly enough, I thought of that but went for the dramatic and predicted a "walk-off" ending. I didn't think anyone would bring up the fact that the NL never wins the All-Star game. Never again will I underestimate Brewerfan.net posters...

Archived