Brewer Fanatic

Make three BOLD predictions for the 2008 season (All Star break revisit, and updates) 2nd Half predictions start at post #64

I don't think this is covered in any other thread, 3 things that are a bit "out there" but could happen. No picking Prince to lead the team in HRs.

1 of mine is that we will have two pitchers with 15+ wins, one being Ben Sheets

I will ponder the other 2 as I eat my pizza bagel dinner.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Luis Pena takes over as closer for the second half of the season.

2. Brewers have two players voted to start in All-Star game as Earth temporarily leaves its axis.

3. Brewers make the playoffs, as they have the best record in the NL, from Cameron's first game to the end of the season.

BOLD

1. The Brewers run away with the division, winning 97 games.

2. Cincinnati somehow finishes 2nd, winning 82 games.

3. Ben Sheets stays healthy all year, wins 19 games, strikes out 211, and still comes in 2nd in the Cy Young to Johan Santana.

VERY BOLD

1. The Brewers run away with the division, winning 97 games.

2. Cincinnati somehow finishes 2nd, winning 82 games.

3. Ben Sheets stays healthy all year, wins 19 games, strikes out 211, and still comes in 2nd in the Cy Young to Johan Santana.

EDIT:

1. Not likely, but still possible, I suppose.

2. Cincy may very well win 82 games, but at this point, looks doubtful that they'll finish 2nd.

3. Could very well happen, minus the Johan part (unless he has an unbelievable 2nd half--again. Hasn't he done that like 2 years running?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

1) The Cincinnati Reds win the NL Central.

2) Tony LaRussa resigns from his job at midseason

3) Carlos Villanueva will prove to be the Brewers most consistent and reliable starter.

These are all fantastic, my three are

Two pitchers with 15+ wins, one being Ben Sheets

Three pitchers will have 10+ saves

Brewers will be 10 games under at one point in the season, and still win the division.

Bonus: Miller Park beer vendors will carry tall boy cans of Miller High Life and call it "the Ross Special"

*update*

1- Two 15+ winners still looking good, i feel confident on this one

2 - We are at two pitchers at 10, I don't see a third getting close, unless we make a trade

3 - Third one can be thrown out the window, not possible at this point

Bonus - That aint never gonna happen

I want to play:

1) A 'Soy Dog' will be added to the Sausage Race to appease Prince, and it will win its first race.
2) The Brewers will have a road record greater than .500
3) None of our "excess" pitchers (Bush, Vargas, Capuano) will be traded this year

*) The Pirates will have a better record than the Brewers at the end of May (had to include this one in honor of Kruk's "bold" predivtion last year)

1. Capuano won't win 5 games all year.

2. Turnbow's ERA will be over 6 before he's finally released in July.

3 Tony Gwynn will hit over .300 and have more HR than Kendall and endaround still won't like him.

Edit 3/23: One down, two to go.

Brewers finish 3rd in the NL Central...and not a close 3rd at that...

Two starters in the opening day rotation will not finish the year in the rotation...

Someone of significant relevance (starter, big deal pitcher) gets shipped off...

last year was the year boys...Rousie

1. JJ has over 25 home runs AGAIN, and still fans don't believe it can happen consistently.

2. Riske's ERA is under 2.25, he has 10+ saves and 5+ wins.

3. Kendall is an all star in July.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Fielder has less than 35 HRs

Brewers finish at least 15 games out

Attendance plummets later in the year as the bandwagon jumpers stop coming to the games

I hope I'm wrong, but I really think last year was our best chance. All the stars were aligned.

Archived