Brewer Fanatic

JJ has the flu........maybe not

82brewcrew
If Hardy did lose 10 pounds, even if he is full healthy today, it will take at least a week to get back into any kind of shape.
I am sure 95% of his weight loss is water weight. I would be surprised if he isn't ready for opening day.

Once his stomach settles down and he is fully hydrated again - he won't feel nearly as weak.

Once his stomach settles down and he is fully hydrated again - he won't feel nearly as weak.
So, "stomach flu"? I was under the impression that it was influenza, so I'm not sure why his stomach would have to settle down. And if it is influenza, it would take him much longer to recover than if it was a stomach thing.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

So, "stomach flu"? I was under the impression that it was influenza, so I'm not sure why his stomach would have to settle down.
I didn't mean to imply stomach flu - but it certainly reads that way. I just meant being sick I am sure he hasn't been eating and drinking as many fluids as he should.

Stomach flu makes a lot of sense, and theres a lot of it going around. My son spent a day last week where he would only take a little water and several days of not eating much. My daughter just had a day where even water would not stay down. A drop of 10 pounds and a few extra days to get back to full strength makes perfect sense if it hit him particularly bad. Influenza can linger and make you not eat, but it doesn't spread that well in warm climates, whereas at least one variety of stomach flu has been a bane of cruse ships for some time.

The Brewers feel they are covered in the short term with Alcides Escobar, who has had a very nice camp at shortstop. We'll let you know tomorrow what they find out about Hardy.
This is from Haudricourts latest blog.

I am shocked that they would keep Escobar with the big league club if J.J. is not ready for opening day. While he has certainly been fantastic this spring, he still needs some seasoning. And barring a major injury, I don't see him playing a role for the Brewers this year. So why start his arbitration clock before you have to?

I just assumed Nunez would stay up a few days if needed with Counsell starting.

I guess that means we shouldn't pencil in Counsell quite yet.

That makes me happy. I'd rather have Hardy at 75-80 percent over Counsell.

Well, Counsell's actually looked very good so far and I don't mind him there if JJ needs to get to full strength. It's a long season, and we don't want him to get injured or something.

The Brewers feel they are covered in the short term with Alcides Escobar, who has had a very nice camp at shortstop. We'll let you know tomorrow what they find out about Hardy.
This is from Haudricourts latest blog.

I am shocked that they would keep Escobar with the big league club if J.J. is not ready for opening day. While he has certainly been fantastic this spring, he still needs some seasoning. And barring a major injury, I don't see him playing a role for the Brewers this year. So why start his arbitration clock before you have to?

I just assumed Nunez would stay up a few days if needed with Counsell starting.

It is somewhat surprising, but there are 40 man issues at work. Escobar is already set to use an option this season and Nunez would need to be added to the 40 man and then exposed to waivers when Hardy comes back. If Hardy looks to be back soon, Escobar won't miss any minor league games anyway. As long as Escobar is just there for emergencies its ok, but if this means losing Dillion that would be bad.

Archived