Brewer Fanatic

Looks so wrong

SeriesFinale

Yea, but while it seems that some fans really grew to despise Jenks over the last few years, I really hope that he experiances a bit of a resurgence in Philly and that they(the Phils) have a good season.

While I think that it's a little silly that people say that he did us this favor by sticking around when we were bad(giving a guy 7-8 million a year is a nice incentive), I still appreciate that he was here through the bad times.

The one thing regarding his play that I don't understand is how he had such a bad year last year, namely OB wise while in a platoon. His OBP was just .326 vs right handers, leading to a career low .319 OBP overall.

The one thing regarding his play that I don't understand is how he had such a bad year last year, namely OB wise while in a platoon. His OBP was just .326 vs right handers, leading to a career low .319 OBP overall.

Simple, Jenkins is impatient at the plate and hacks at to many garbage pitches.

Craig Counsell even with his fly swatter power managed to draw nine more walks than Jenkins in 140 less at bats. Geoff has an addiction to sliders low and inside along with a healthy appetite for high fastballs that he can't catch up with.

Simple, Jenkins is impatient at the plate and hacks at to many garbage pitches.

Craig Counsell even with his fly swatter power managed to draw nine more walks than Jenkins in 140 less at bats. Geoff has an addiction to sliders low and inside along with a healthy appetite for high fastballs that he can't catch up with.

Yea, but he's always had those issues, and he's always maintained a good On-Base.

I get the strong feeling if he produces there like he has here the last couple years, the fans there are going to eat him alive--he'll become the new whipping boy out there. He doesn't have the reservoir of goodwill built up there like he did here, and if the Philadelphia fans turned on Mike Schmidt I don't think they'll have a lot of patience for Our Jenks.

I get the strong feeling if he produces there like he has here the last couple years, the fans there are going to eat him alive--he'll become the new whipping boy out there.
Burrell is going to love having Jenkins as a teammate.

The only thing that looks strange to me is that he appears to be in a home run trot. Haven't seen that from him around here too much in recent years, he has mostly been seen around here in whiff-at-balls-in-the-dirt mode. The colors look good on him, but so would anything other than blue.

Edit: Obviously the dude's a good guy, I am just happy he is playing for someone else at this point in his career.

Jenks was a super loyal guy through a lot of lean years. He went out with class and a sincere sense of belonging and graditude. That's good enough for me. I'll cheer him every time. I know his time is over, but he still makes or nearly makes the Brewer All-Time 25 man roster.

The sad thing is you just know that alot of drunkards in the stands are going to boo him. I love the Brewers, and their are alot of great fans, but there are many more fans who just dont have a clue. They booed brady clark, and I am 100% sure they will boo Jenkins, even though he gave it his all.

Archived